Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rover 25 Central Locking (Or Not)

Default Rover 25 Central Locking (Or Not)

Hello the central locking on my friends car has given up wonder if anyone has experienced this before, the problem is as follows

The car has the rover standard issue alarm / central locking fob however this now only seems to activate the alarm, the central locking is not working off the fob and the car has to be undone woth the key.

When you use the key to unlock either door the central locking still does not function and each door needs to be unlocked induvidually

Help

Hi

First thing to do would be to check the relevant fuses.
    Last edited by Sussex Patrol; 04-03-08 at 21:58.

Default Central locking

Have checked the basic's but I'm now stuck was kind of hoping someone may have experienced a similar or same problem as it could be locking solanoid or control module all of which are relatively expensive and I dont want to start replacing them on the off chance

Have you definetely checked all the fuses because according to my information there are four to check in the engine compartment fusebox check fuse link 1 which is rated at 150amps,check fuse 5 which is rated at 15 amps,check fuse link 3 which is rated 40 amps and in the passenger compartment fusebox check fuse 26 which is rated 15 amps.

Default re central locking

4 fuses? if the 150 amp one blows nothing would work and the fuse mentioned under the dashboard is for elec rear windows if fitted. i have the same problem on my rover. alarm works central locking doesnt. according to handbook they share the same fuse so im guessing its the control box but dont know how to prove it without getting another one.

Unhappy rover 25 C/L

Hi, This must be a common fault because I have just bought a 25 for the wife and it is exactly the same. Have tried the fuses but nothing. Does anyone have an answer or is the dealership and large outlay for me???

Default alarm fault

hi i have a problem with my alarm when i lock it alarm activates but after a few minutes it goes of constantly does anyone now what the problem is i av replaced the bonnet switch but that made no difference and the oxygen sensors were changed could that be the problem if anyone has ad problems like this and sorted it coiuld u let me no many thanx

Smile rover 25 alarm fault

my dad as same problems rover 25 alarm keeps going off when locked
    could it be the key fob at fault

i am going to contact http://www.remotekey.co.uk/
    hes great he reprogrammed my key fob before and he also mends ecu boxs from rover he in sutton coldfield i am going to ring him ask if he nos the problem with the alarmm main dealer in swindon are a waste off time

Angry Rover 25 Central Locking problem

Hi Guys, I need a little bit of help here.
    I bought a rover 25, central locking works great if I use the remote. But inside the car if I lock the drivers door, it only locks that door. Is it not supposed to lock all the doors in the car? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment, I unlock the car with the remote and then once in the car, I manually lock each one of the doors by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cpstott View Post
    Hi Guys, I need a little bit of help here.
    I bought a rover 25, central locking works great if I use the remote. But inside the car if I lock the drivers door, it only locks that door. Is it not supposed to lock all the doors in the car? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment, I unlock the car with the remote and then once in the car, I manually lock each one of the doors by hand.
    Perfectly normal happens on all rovers some safety feature built in I believe