Thread: Jeep Cherokee

Default Jeep Cherokee

Does anyone have knowledge or recommendations regarding Jeep Cherokee's. Are they good solid cars or do they have well documented faults that I haven't come across.

The engineering company I used for rebores, crank grinds etc, was always very difficult to access because of the amount of Jeeps they had waiting for engine rebuilds. Just had a look at Honest John's website, and they don't get a very good write up there.

I have owned a cherokee and a grand cherokee of the two i preffered the grand, but both were good cars, have a good look at the diffs and a good road test to listen for noise as these are the main faults and can be expensive to replace. I will be getting another one next year as i really miss it they are great cars i never had any trouble with any of mine.

I owned a Jeep Cherokee 2.5 CRD Limited from new for 3 years and managed to do over 130,000 miles in it. A word of warning if there are any recalls you won't know about it unless you get the vehicle serviced at a jeep garage.

I used to get mine serviced at a private garage as the service intervals were every 10,000 miles and I did that every four months!! Jeep had a problem with an oil pipe but I did'nt know anything about it until my car dumped all its oil all over the motorway whilst driving home one day.

It got it fixed under warranty but only after alot of hassle with Jeep UK. For some reason they don't think its necessary to contact you about any recalls.

sadly the way things are at the moment is that manufacturers only need to contact you for recalls if it is safety related, they must save a small fortune by not telling people about what needs doing to their cars.
    Last edited by saloon drifter; 07-07-08 at 13:04.

I own a Jeep Cherokee a couple of years back and for me I can say that it's one tough ride compared to the Jeep Liberty that my cousin has today... as for the mileage and engine the Cherokee sure has one.
    Last edited by stephen327; 22-09-09 at 02:44.