Thread: Headlight deflectors

Default Headlight deflectors

Travelling to France overnight and have purchased headlight deflectors but the long list of instructions/variations are gibberish to me. Main dealer refuses to assist. Do xenon headlights require a different position of deflector to standard headlights on same model? Will be travelling overnight in UK/France and will need to fit during Eurotunnel trip.

you haven't posted the Make/Year/Model of the car! If you check with the relevant dealer they will be able to tell you where the deflectors need to be fitted...........

Vehicle is a 2004 Ford Galaxy with Xenon lamps. As previously stated local dealer is unwilling to assist. Thanks anyway.

I have a similar problem.
    2005 VW Touran. I bought Metro Super Beam Benders, which claim to satisfy all types of headlight.
    The instructions give two types of headlight lens; either a wedge pattern or a "dot" on the glass. My headlights have neither.
    I think the only way to proceed is to have the dipped beams switched on during darkness, and offer the beam bender up to the lens until it deflects the beam to the right.

Gave up the ghost on the beam deflectors. Thought of attempting the method you describe or alternatively just adjusting the beam on the Xenon lights using the two adjusting screws found above each lights.
    Decided to just carry the deflectors, in case requested to fit by the local police , but left the beams unadjusted. Didn't require lights much so wasn't to bad.
    Did notice though that most headlight beam are poorly adjusted as I was dazzled by many lights whilst driving the autoroute to my destination. Far worse than the headlights in the UK, which are bad enough!

I think it was a wise decision not to disturb the lamp settings for the UK.
    Glad to hear you had no problems, but how would you be placed if there was heavy rain? Isn't it compulsory to drive on dipped headlights in those circumstances?
    We don't expect to drive during lighting up times, but dare not risk non-deflected beams for 7 weeks.

Small, black adhesive patches came with the car, but no instructions as to where to place them on the lenses. And, as said before, the lenses are plain and no markings for deflectors, etc.

Yes compulsory for dipped headlights during poor weather. I assume that my lights would have been as dazzling as those of the oncomming traffic although mine may have a greater downward angle than most. Also required in tunnels whether they are lit or not!
    Seven weeks would be a long chance to take I agree, we were only one week and that was enough. What about a local VW dealer would they assist? My local Ford dealer was not helpful!

The car is going in for service prior to the trip, so I can ask them then.
    Thanks for that.

No problem, don't forget you shouldn't fit them until you are on the boat/train on your way across the water and should remove them on the return.
    Hope the trip goes well. Don't forget the first aid kit, vehicle registration document, insurance document, set of spare lamps/fuses and in some EU countries hi-vis vests and a fire extinguisher. Searched "Driving in....." on google for necessary bits and pieces.
    Best advice is buy fuel at Hyper/Supermarkets up to 0.20 Euro cheaper than on auto routes. Pretty routes are not the auto routes which are often tolled but the smaller roads, these are much slower though so plan your route well.

No chance of fitting them during the crossing; you are not allowed on the vehicle decks during that time. And they need to be fitted when it is dark, to be sure the beams are deflected.
    Will do it this side, night before, rather than risk being confronted by armed gendarmes.