Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clio door will not open

Default Clio door will not open

I have a renault clio 1.5 diesel 5 door 2003. The rear passenger door on the drivers side will not open. lots of help required

More info required........... does it open from the inside handle or the outside handle at all or will it not open from either handle???????

The door will not open from inside or outside

If the sill button is up and if you have tried pushing/pulling the door whilst operating the handle/handles (in case it is stuck on the door aperture rubber) then you will have no option but to try and remove the door trim in situ so you check the mechanism/linkage and find out what the fault is...........

I've had the trim off. The sill button is up, the central locking appears to operate correctly both inner and outer handles apear to operate correctly. The door will still not move even with a hefety boot.

Sounds like a latch problem......if the linkages etc are connected and they are moving when the handles are operated then it must be the latch-you could try introducing WD40 or similar into it to see if that helps.........

I'll give it a try and let you know how i get on tomorrow.

Tried the wd-40. The door will still not open.

Sounds like the latch has a problem-you will need to use brute force and ignorance to get it to release so you can open the door-there will be a risk of damage-so if you are not confident-get a garage to do it for you............although they will advise you the same reference any extra damage being caused by trying to get the door open............

I ended up drilling the door latch off from the inside. It took some of time and patience, all the damage to the door is in the inside behind the trim and can't be seen. All working now.

Thanks for your help

Yamr666