Thread: What is the best automatic used car to buy

Default What is the best automatic used car to buy

I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas/advice on the best (most reliable etc) second hand choice car with automatic transmission (around 5k tops) - I've read some horror stories in various used car guides about the auto boxes of some cars packing in early (Corsa, Citeron, C2, Focus etc). I was told the Ford Focus (despite hearing the auto box isn't long lasting)and Vauxhall Astra's are good. Any ideas / advice gratefully appreciated re best make, year etc - thank you in advance for any help.

Smile

hey im in the same boat as you about what car that is automatic would be the best.
    i havent heard any stories about the auto gears messing up and think they are just stories but it proberly best to look around and see if ur able to get hod a new car which is automatic at least then you will know that it is old enough to have a prob with the gear.
    One question did you learn in automatic or choose to drive it after you passed in manual?
    Cheers

Depends on what type of vehicle you prefer, my wife has a pt cruiser auto has had it for three years put 68k on it and never had a problem, i have had 2 jeep autos and never had problems.