Thread: Micra K11 Fuel pump relay fault

Default Micra K11 Fuel pump relay fault

Hi ,
    Can anyone help a newbie, please
    I have 1994 Micra K11 , that few days after itís routine service , developed a problem with the fuel pump relay not being activated, If the relay is bypassed [shorted out] , the engine runs, sometime a bit lumpy, it was suggested that the throttle housing may be faulty this has now been changed along with the relay, I have checked many earth connection and closely inspected the ECU, which I am told never fail ?? I am running out of ideaís , only one thing remains unanswered, could the loom have been disturbed near the oil filter ?? , does anyone have experience of doggy loom connections ??
    Any help or guidance would much appreciated
    Ken

If the engine runs when the relay is bypassed (I presume teminals 30/87) and you have replaced the relay and it is the same you need to check the other connections in that relay base to find why the relay is not being energised. Can you clarify what you mean by shorting the relay out are you bypassing it or providing it with a feed/earth??
    Last edited by Sussex Patrol; 09-03-08 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Patrol View Post
    If the engine runs when the relay is bypassed (I presume teminals 30/87) and you have replaced the relay and it is the same you need to check the other connections in that relay base to find why the relay is not being energised. Can you clarify what you mean by shorting the relay out are you bypassing it or providing it with a feed/earth??
    Hello ,
    There is a 12v feed to the relay , by shorting out the switch contacts the pump does run and the car starts , it seem the ECU is not firing the relay
    do you know what criteria the ECU requires to fire the relay ,

Regards
    Ken