Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miles Per Gallon MPG Vans Vivaro Trafic Primastar 100 hp

Angry Miles Per Gallon MPG Vans Vivaro Trafic Primastar 100 hp

Hi All.

Ive got to say that I like my Vivaro. It is a 1900 cdti 2004 sportive. It goes reasonably well, but seems to cane the fuel. Part of the reason for buying was the reportedly good fuel consumption. I had hoped for around 35mpg but am only getting around 30, and that is when I'm taking it real easy.

There is generally only me or me +1 in van and very light load (As used for dogs only) and no roofrack. Tyres are correct PSI and air filter changed recently, as was oil & Flilter. Air con factored out so it is not that. Keep speed reasonable and very gentle acceleration, asap into 6th gear etc. Used on runs about A and B roads and virtually no town running.

There are no fault codes stored and that is about it.

My neighbour tells me he is getting around 38 mpg no problem in his renault trafic 100 dci (Same age etc.).

Please can others post good ideas, and what mpgs they are getting for their vans??

As a guide, to get to quarter on the fuel gauge (Equates to 60 litres) takes 400 miles (30 mpg). This is just too expensive for diesel costs these days (1.13 per litre).

I know a few people who have got renault vans and a few of the nissan versions and they say they average anywhere from 25 - 32 mpg so I would say it is about right on the mileage your getting

The only way to compute your fuel consumption is to brim the tank drive for say 100 or 200 miles and then rebrim the tank-then you can work out what distance covered for what fuel-some fuel gauges are not that accurate sorry if that is what you are doing already.

I know someone that has a small fleet of vans and bought a Primastar last year. His not impressed with the fuel economy either compared to the other vans which are transits.

Exclamation

Anyone else have mpg data for theses Vans?would be nice to know what is the norm.

Hi, Small to Medium vans now a days are Boosted up to get max performance out of a light engine e.g. 1.9 (100ps) 1.9 (125ps) this is done purely by the way the vehicle is Maped and Turbo, so naturally the only bad point is the Fuel economy because the turbo is working hard almost all of the time, The Vivaro is like a rocket (right?) and 30mpg would be normal, if you Have little weight and just for leisure try a 75ps Ford Transit they are great on fuel but not so sporty and attractive as the Vivaro! Ha!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by supraf2 View Post
    Hi All.

Ive got to say that I like my Vivaro. It is a 1900 cdti 2004 sportive. It goes reasonably well, but seems to cane the fuel. Part of the reason for buying was the reportedly good fuel consumption. I had hoped for around 35mpg but am only getting around 30, and that is when I'm taking it real easy.

There is generally only me or me +1 in van and very light load (As used for dogs only) and no roofrack. Tyres are correct PSI and air filter changed recently, as was oil & Flilter. Air con factored out so it is not that. Keep speed reasonable and very gentle acceleration, asap into 6th gear etc. Used on runs about A and B roads and virtually no town running.

There are no fault codes stored and that is about it.

My neighbour tells me he is getting around 38 mpg no problem in his renault trafic 100 dci (Same age etc.).

Please can others post good ideas, and what mpgs they are getting for their vans??

As a guide, to get to quarter on the fuel gauge (Equates to 60 litres) takes 400 miles (30 mpg). This is just too expensive for diesel costs these days (1.13 per litre).

hi i've got 1.9cdi trafic returns upto 46mpg, just done 700miles on one tank. best i got was 49.5mpg, average is 42mpg, drive very fast 32mpg. the pay load makes little differance as i drive slower when i have a 1 ton payload this is the second one i've had from new and i have done 115,000 miles between the two of them in 4 years both gave same mpg. but to get your 45mpg keep under 70mph and gange gear under 3000rpm. to get 50mpg keep under 55mph, but this can be a bit dull.

Default Van MPG

Hi All
    I have a Mercedes 112CDi for 5 years do about 27,000miles a year and get 35mpg in the winter and 37.5mpg during the summer. I have just had to hire a Vivaro (basic model) for a week and only got 30mpg out of it seeing as it was almost new I thought this was rubbish. Before the Merc I had 3 Landrover Discovery's 2 200 series & 1 300 all gave a constant 35mpg fully loaded!.

Default best medium van to buy

hi all

could do with a little help am looking to buy a meduim sized second hand van but im bewildered with the cross information im getting from different models, can any one help please.
    Im looking for a (vivaro,trafic,transit) sized van returning around 40mpg with out the horror stories of gearboxes going or turbos failing.
    thanks in advance

Vivaro and Trafic are one and the same except parts are cheaper for the Vauxhall
    If I had a bit more money I'd have a Toyota Hiace without question (have a Peugeot at moment). Reliability way over anything else with build quality to match. Choice of engine power and short or long wheel base so one will suit.