Thread: Vauxhall Astra 1.7 diesel EGR

Default Vauxhall Astra 1.7 diesel EGR

This car problem is getting beyond a joke. It's a 1999 Vauxhall Astra 1.7 turbo diesel and the engine management light keeps coming on with power loss. It's been on the computer (Code PO400) and had the EGR unit replaced. It worked perfectly for a couple of months then the engine management light started coming on again randomly. On the computer again and same code came up. The valve was cleaned (on 2 occassions) as it was full of muck but the light still randomly comes on with loss of power. Why is the valve getting clogged and why no improvement when its cleaned ? Any ideas of what is causing the problem and any solutions. please?

The egr valve basicaly recycles exhaust gases from the enging if the engine is not running 'clean' it will clog up quickly it could be any number of things causing this, the fuel you are using for instance. When was the fuel filter/air filter last changed. Do the injectors require cleaning/calibrating if it is high mileage they could be getting worn, not injecting cleanly.

Default Vauxhall Astra EGR

Filters changed December 2007. How do I find out if its the injectors, or anything else that might be the problem. Have the garage just look at everything? Or is there a more specific way as this sort of thing doesn't seem to show up on the diagnostic test. It's already cost me a small fortune and I'm still no nearer curing the problem.

Default pls help

Hello Flyballracer

I have a similar problem as yours.

Would you be so kind as to give some help?

Please contact me on my email rui_goncalves78 in the hot mail.

Thank you