Thread: Ford Focus saloon 05, jammed boot!

Angry Ford Focus saloon 05, jammed boot!

Hi, my 05 saloon (just out of warranty of course) has some kind of boot malfunction. The boot will not unlock and of course doesn't have it's own lock. I have most of my wordly belongings in there!!!! Ford dealer can book me in for 4 days time! Have of course tried going in from rear seats. Have looked at fuses and doesn't seem to be applicable.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be able to remove the boot trim panel from the tailgate inside by climbing through the back seats and operate the lock manually. It is a tricky job and you may break the panel.
    Last edited by shaun3424; 05-02-08 at 16:26.

Unhappy Boot Lock Problem

Had the same problem last summer with my 03 Focus. Turned out to be a new boot lock, GEM (General Electronic Module) and a nice bill for 468 from Ford, as the module has to be reset (By Ford) to control central locking! I hope that yours is not so expensive.

What happened to the good old days when problems could be solved with a change of fuse or a 13mm spanner?

Default Boot!

Thanks for your comments, I'm still not in there! Looks as though it'll be the 400.00 option for me.

Thanks