Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rover 25 Central Locking / Immobiliser problem

Smile Rover 25 Central Locking / Immobiliser problem

Hi, i have same problem on a 25 52 reg, also the central locking is not working at all & the immobiliser has activated.

Any ideas?

It's most likely to be the solinoid. Went on my central locking before? Is the car still under warranty?
    If so i'd take it to the dealer and get them to fix it... tehy will be able to take off the door panel with out breaking/snapping anything.

Default central locking

Hi, No its not under warranty. I brought the car over a year ago and its been stood. The thing is the other doors don't unlock.

The car doesn't acknowledge you open then the e.g the interior light the alarm ect. New battery the fob has been reset. Pain i tell ya.

Although we now have two different cars with two different faults If the car has been standing for a year have you checked the vehicles battery to see if that has any charge in it? If that is ok you should have a four digit EKA (emergency Key Access) code that should disable the immobiliser.

yes the first poster had this type of problem but the second posters vehicle has total central locking failure and an immobiliser fault-this is why it gets confusing if separate threads are not started

Default Central locking

Sorry my fault about starting new thread. I've never used this sort of thing before and I'm new to this Internet thing... sorry just asked so many people and getting nowhere.

Yeah do ekc, new battery, re programmed ecu, spent over 300 now.

No worries If you could post all relevant info - what parts have been replaced/what is happening/any thing else that has been done/etc and we will try to help you resolve your problem
    Last edited by Sussex Patrol; 24-01-08 at 21:23.

Default Central locking

Hi, cheers mate. I've had plenty of people talk to me while i'm lining their pockets with notes but when i've gone back for a refund they aint so talkative.

So the car was stood for over a year in a garage. The battery was flat so i replaced it with new. The fob wouldnt work or the immobiliser wouldnt deactivate. When you turn the key to setting number 2 the l.e.d just stays on red.

Strange thing is when you open the door the interior light doesnt come on or the immobiliser l.e.d or the alarm or the bleeping noise.

The headlight stereo horn clock every thing has power. I had a new fob plus ecu programmed plus tried the key access code but nothing.

The other thing is the sunroof wont open or driver pass door inside or outside. No of the obvious fuses are blown.

I brought the car due to a cousin going to Iraq and he didnt need it.

The car was running fine and only has 13000 m on clock. Its very clean inside and out also never seen the rain.

I would start by checking the earths in the engine bay-there is noramally one that secures to the front panel and one goes to the bell housing on the gearbox-these have been know to break/corrode and cause strange problems. Also as far as I remember these have two fuse boxes one in the car and one under the bonnet-check the 'maxi fuses' these are the larger ones on in the under bonnet fuse box and make sure these aren't blown/corroded.Also check the tailgate wiring in the rubber boot between the car and the tailgate for chaffing/broken wires.
    If that doesn't throw up any problems- then it is going to be a case of getting a wiring diagram and checking the the lives/earths at the immobiliser unit etc.
    Last edited by Sussex Patrol; 24-01-08 at 22:14.

Default central locking

Cheers, i will try that tomorrow. Its bugging me rotten.