Thread: log book delay query

Default log book delay query

I'm considering buying a new van from a broker who is supplied by a franchised dealer. There is a good discount available if the van is preregistered, so they can call it a demonstarator.
    The downside is they have to keep the log book for a few months. I have no real problem with the log book being delayed as I understand this is common practice.
    However I am concerned I may not be properly insured. There will be documentation to say I have paid for and own the car, but wonder if insurers may use the log book delay as a loophole to avoid any payout should I have an accident.
    Has anyone any experience or knowledge of this?

Make sure you explain the situation fully to insuance company, there shouldn't be any probs. As to them keeping the log book 'a couple of months', why exactly do they want to do that? Is it some kind of VAT fiddle? You should find out as you are involved.
    Last edited by Rolebama; 24-01-08 at 22:24.

I believe it is in case the manufacturer checks up then it appears to be still at the branch, and supposedly being used as a demonstrater I think.

Question

This seems a little bit iffy to me, smell a rat somewhere