Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Focus Window problem

Default Ford Focus Window problem

Hi there,

I have a problem with the drivers electric window on my 3 door Focus 2003 model.The window will not go up or down,there is no movement at all.The passenger side window works perfectly with both the switch on the passenger door and the switch on the drivers door, it is just the drivers window that will not operate.Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? Could it be the switch or possibly the window motor? Or is there anything else it could be? Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Steve.

Could be a switch/wiring or indeed a window motor. I don't know if the windows are fused separately so check the fuses first. Then it will be a case of breaking out the mutlimeter or booking it into a garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Patrol View Post
    I don't know if the windows are fused separately so check the fuses first.
    Thanks for the reply,much appreciated.There is only the one fuse for the electric windows and as the passenger side is working fine I must assume that the fuse is in good order.I think I'll take your advice and get it booked into a local garage as I don't know a great deal about electrics myself.The switch is pretty straightforward to change though,so maybe if it's the switch I can do that myself.Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Steve.

I have this problem too.
    Has anyone got an update as to what it might be?

My Focus is an 02 plate 5-door 1400cc

Regards

Hoops
    Last edited by Hoopsman67; 28-12-07 at 11:01. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopsman67 View Post
    I have this problem too.
    Has anyone got an update as to what it might be?

My Focus is an 02 plate 5-door 1400cc

Regards

Hoops
    Hi Hoops,

I have an update.I had a run over to my local Ford garage this morning and asked the chap on the parts desk if I could try a new switch to see if this was the problem.Anyway the window still wouldn't work so I knew it wasn't the switch.I have a friend who is also a mechanic so he came over and told me that sometimes the motor sticks,so he removed the door panel and gave the motor a couple of swift taps with a small hammer whilst operating the switch.To my surprise the motor spured back to life and now the window works normally again.He also lubricated all the window mechanism for me as well.The window has never been so smooth in operation.Give it a try it may just do the trick for you as well.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update, I'll have a go at this on my next day off and come back to you.

Regards

Hoops

Default ford focus windows problem

Hi, I had the same problem (drivers side window not working and passenger works ok), with a 53 ford focus 1.8 zetec climate. I took it to the local garage who said that they couldn't do anything. There is a foam block behind the door panel which I am told is like a side airbag and therefore makes accessing the windows mechanisim dangerous. They have advised that I take it to the main dealer.

Is it dangerous to remove the foam block, if not how should it be removed?

If your car has got side-airbags fitted do not remove anything off the door unless you know 100% what you are doing because you do something wrong you could end up losing your hand or worse......

Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post
    Hi, I had the same problem (drivers side window not working and passenger works ok), with a 53 ford focus 1.8 zetec climate. I took it to the local garage who said that they couldn't do anything. There is a foam block behind the door panel which I am told is like a side airbag and therefore makes accessing the windows mechanisim dangerous. They have advised that I take it to the main dealer.

Is it dangerous to remove the foam block, if not how should it be removed?
    Don't worry about removing the foam block.It is held in place with four small clips and it just un-hooks from these clips.You can actually see the clips on each corner of the foam block.There is no side airbag mechanisms in the door panel.The side airbags on the focus are in the seat itself.Look on the drivers seat where you open the door and if you have side airbags it will either be stamped in the leather "airbag" or with cloth seats it may have a small tag sewn into the seam with "airbag" on it.
    I watched my mechanic friend do the whole job from start to finish and there were definitely no side airbag workings in the door itself.

Default window problem

Thanks for that, I also foundthis ref

http://media.ford.com/products/press_article_display.cfm?article_id=19894&vehicle _id=1231&make_id=92&CFID=17807724&CFTOKEN=13555289 &jsessionid=b4303469a615$98$CA$9