Thread: Culpability in incident - being sued... not fun.

Unhappy Culpability in incident - being sued... not fun.

Hey All!

My Girlfriend's mother recently was hit by a minicab driver while she was pulling out of a side-road. Unfortunately, it was his right of way and therefore she is culpable. Insurance aside, she is being sued by the driver of said minicab for "injuries sustained" during the incident. To add further misfortune, his doctors are all family members so there is a degree of biasedness (or so i am told). My question is really 2 fold - is is standard for insurance to cover legal costs for these things, and also, if this is the case, can we request that our insurance company (which i believe to be RAC - hey thats why I am here!) insists on an independent doctor to examine him?

Many thanks in advance!

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harrytewkesbury View Post
    Hey All!

My Girlfriend's mother recently was hit by a minicab driver while she was pulling out of a side-road. Unfortunately, it was his right of way and therefore she is culpable. Insurance aside, she is being sued by the driver of said minicab for "injuries sustained" during the incident. To add further misfortune, his doctors are all family members so there is a degree of biasedness (or so i am told). My question is really 2 fold - is is standard for insurance to cover legal costs for these things, and also, if this is the case, can we request that our insurance company (which i believe to be RAC - hey thats why I am here!) insists on an independent doctor to examine him?

Many thanks in advance!

Harry
    i dont beelive he is able to sue youwith family members as doctors witness because of the biasdness im sure you have every right to a independant doctors check

Pass all the information to the insurance company. She will be covered for his injuries.

Hi i work in the Insurance side and believe that it depends on your Insurance company as to whether your premium includes legal protection, some insurance companies offer this at a one off premium other include it in, but i would definately ask your Insurers to do an ''independant'' examination of the third party, - it can be done!!