Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Renault Clio - Electronic Incident Warning Light

Angry Renault Clio - Electronic Incident Warning Light

Hi All,

I have a 2001 1.2 16v Clio Sport that is proving impossible to fix.

After a minute or so of starting my car the Electronic Incident warning light appears (looks a little like the heater plug symbol in diesel cars) and and my car starts reving. In order to keep the car going I have to keep my foot on the accelorator. If I drive along the road and keep the revs above 3000 then the problem will clear, however, as soon as I slow down or join a traffic jam then it returns and I have to kangaroo along the road until I can keep the revs above 3000.

I have had my car pluged into the diagnostics systems numerous times now and the fault changes each time its pluged in.

I have had the following parts fitted (I think these are the names):
    Manafold Sensor
    Oxygen Sensor
    Lambar Sensor

I also have another engine management light that appears every now and again that monitors exhausts although the replacement of the above parts appears to have fixed this problem temporarily.

Can any one help?

Sounds like you need a new throttle body, It is a common fault on the clio's.

My girlfriend has a 2002 1.2 8v clio, she also has the same electrical fault light coming on but it revs up and down by itself and the accelerator pedal does not work....we had it pluged in by renault and where told to replace the throttle body. This cost 220 quid and was fitted by a renault tech and guess what it didnt fix the problem, this is really annoying

Thumbs up

I have come across this problem before but on a 2002 1.4 16v clio. In the engine bay at the center of the bulkhead are there are 2 black ecu's attached to the engine with a wiring loom running to each ecu. Towards the o/s of the car is a black shielding with a central screw holding the engine cover down the shielding rubs through the loom check the loom for any damaged wires (Normally a pink or white wire) this controls the throttle

Other thing to try is remove the throttle body held in by 3 x 10mm bolts you will need a long reach 10mm socket. Clean the butterfly and air temp sensor with carb cleaner and refitt back together, it should only take about 10 - 15 mins.

The only other thing I can think of that may give problems is the carbon canistor behind the o/s headlight occansionly the tops come loose and cause air leaks.

Hope these help

Default Same Problem - renault Clio 1.2 16V (Throttle Body)

Hello

I have exactly the same problem at the moment and renault took ages to diagnose the problem, And are trying to Charge me 434.00 to fit a new one I have found the part alot cheaper 132.19 with delivery and luckly for me getting a friend to fit it.

But need to found out if its a manual or electronic throttle body, does anyone know!!!!!

As if its manual can get the part for 60.00.

Kind Regards

Hi has anyone heard of this happening with a diesel.
    I have bought a 1.5 DCI 2003 clio, the lights described above are the same ones that come on on the panel.
    The manuel says that its either an electronic fault or water in the diesel.
    Its just been serviced so dont think its water, its also just had the cam belt changed.
    The mechanic said it was giving conflicting readings on the plug in fault finder,

any suggestions anyone

Paul

Thumbs down Oh Dear

Hello Everyone

I have had so many problems with getting this problem diagnosed, first they changed the throttle body still got the same problem, then they said it was a accelarator sensor - so more money that was changed - and finally they decided it was actually the wiring harness and since that was changed - was fine!!!!!! so beware as unfortunatley Renault cannot seem to diagnose the problem very well and has cost me a fortune in the process!!!!!!!

Not sure about diesels but may not be the throttle body after all

J

Wiring harnesses seem to be a problem now on Renaults. Since they took over Nissan, they too have been having all sorts of wiring issues. The latest Micra has become very unreliable compared to the original Japanese model.
    I have changed sensors that are shown as faulty on the scanners only to find the fault returns a short time later.
    I do not do diagnostic checks on these new Renault models any more and my colleague 20 miles away won't even turn out to them. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinty View Post
    My girlfriend has a 2002 1.2 8v clio, she also has the same electrical fault light coming on but it revs up and down by itself and the accelerator pedal does not work....we had it pluged in by renault and where told to replace the throttle body. This cost 220 quid and was fitted by a renault tech and guess what it didnt fix the problem, this is really annoying
    hey! cud you tell me how you resolved the problem you have had as i have the same problem at the moment that is reving from 1000rpm to 3000rpm and there is no throttle control, had dianostics test and they sed to change throttle body. i have already changed many sensors, the problem is very annoying as if you leave the car alone for five minutes the problem seems to fix its self after a while!

Reading through this post it seems the problem of revving is down to 3 things. Its either the throttle body, accelerator pedal or the wiring harness. From the posts, throttle bodies have been changed with no fix, likewise the pedal. The wiring harness seems to be the problem on these cars.