Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renault clio , fog light comes on when braking... help

Default renault clio , fog light comes on when braking... help

i have a 53 plate renault clio dynamique and just recently when i press the brake the fog light flickers on the dash board.

ive searched the net for answers but couldnt find anything.... it doesnt effect anything else its just when i brake the dash light flickers like there is some sort of short somwhere...

any help with this would be great . thanks

Have you replaced any of the exterior bulbs before this fault happened? Has the vehicle got a towing socket fitted? If the answer is no then the first thing to look at is the rear bulbs/light clusters and wiring to those clusters.

Default Clio Fog Light Indicator flickers when brake applied

Hi,

My clio is doing exactly the same thing. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Like has been said previously, It is most likely to be an incorrect bulb has been fitted or a bad earth on the rear light clusters.

Hi,
    did you find out what was wrong?? i've checked my earths for corrosion etc but to no success
    cheers,

Cool fog light warning when braking fixed!!!

hi
    to fix this problem.first locate the earthing points for the rear lights which if you peel back the carpet are located just below the light cluster on both sides.i found it easier to remove the plastic trim panel on the boot lip..i used sand paper to clean the connection points and a little wd 40.then remove the light cluster and unclip the electrical connections and spray alittle wd 40 on to the connections..job done no more flicking fog warning light when braking......

Quote Originally Posted by chris508d View Post
    hi
    to fix this problem.first locate the earthing points for the rear lights which if you peel back the carpet are located just below the light cluster on both sides.i found it easier to remove the plastic trim panel on the boot lip..i used sand paper to clean the connection points and a little wd 40.then remove the light cluster and unclip the electrical connections and spray alittle wd 40 on to the connections..job done no more flicking fog warning light when braking......
    I just did this on my Daughters 51 plate Clio. Job done! It used to flash with the indicators or come on with the brake or reversing light etc. I didn't think it worked at first, but the fog light slowly faded until it no longer came on. Thanks chris508d, much appreciated!!

Default fog lamp in car flashes on my 51 plate clio when indicatering

my renault clio fog lamp flashing when indicating and rear lghts flashing on a 51 plate clio i have cleaned the earth cables below the rear lights no change any 1 can help me plz
    Last edited by geoffrey70; 22-06-13 at 19:12. Reason: miss spelled

Welcome to the site Geoffrey70, if its not an earthing problem, then it could be a short somewhere else in the wiring?

Obviously there are a lot of places where you cant get at the cables, so follow them where you can, and see if the cables are touching the bodywork where possible.

Failing that, get a sparky to check the wiring with that meters they use, I think it its called an Ohm-Meter, good luck.