Thread: vauxhall corsa

Default vauxhall corsa

I have a vauxhall corsa. I have found that it is impossible to change headlight and parking light bulbs without help from a qualified technician. This basic maintenance task has cost me substantial money. I recently had to purchase a parking light bulb (just 99p)but had to pay 80 to get it fitted! even the technician at the garage had trouble. He told me he had to remove the bumper to gain access. This has put me off purchasing a new corsa.

As per the sticky at the top of this section please post the full details.

This seems to be getting to be normal now. For my MOT I use a garage that will fix small items on the spot free of charge, and when I was there earlier this month, one of the fitters was tied up for a couple of hours because he had volunteered to change a headlamp bulb. He had air filter trunking, inner wheel arch covers and all sorts piled up next to the car! (I couldn't tell you what car it was).

Quote Originally Posted by passwithpaul View Post
    I have a vauxhall corsa. I have found that it is impossible to change headlight and parking light bulbs without help from a qualified technician. This basic maintenance task has cost me substantial money. I recently had to purchase a parking light bulb (just 99p)but had to pay 80 to get it fitted! even the technician at the garage had trouble. He told me he had to remove the bumper to gain access. This has put me off purchasing a new corsa.
    what year is it feller

its 2004. i can,t understand why they make it so difficult to carry out such a routine task. The car manual seems so matter of fact about the task of changing bulbs but access is almost impossible unless you have got the time and tools. I am definetly looking at an alternative option on my next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by passwithpaul View Post
    its 2004. i can,t understand why they make it so difficult to carry out such a routine task. The car manual seems so matter of fact about the task of changing bulbs but access is almost impossible unless you have got the time and tools. I am definetly looking at an alternative option on my next purchase.

Sadly Manufacturers have been doing this for a while, Some of the car's I've seen have just been daft, I think it's probably an industry wide thing as engine bays get more and more cramped
    Last edited by MrStinky; 28-11-07 at 12:18.

im guessing its a new style corsa, i got a 52 reg corsa and to change the headlight bulb you just twist it and pull it out, maybe i wont go for a new style corsa afterall if this is the case

With the introduction of CAN bus on cheaper cars it won't be long before the ECU will have to be reset after changing bulbs on nearly all cars thus, making it almost impossible for the average car owner to do.