Thread: ford focus 2000 idle adjustment

Exclamation ford focus 2000 idle adjustment

Hi There

I am new to this site but i have a problem with my 1.8 ford focus it idles low about 600 and some time it cuts out and the steering locks when i slow down
    so i need to adjust the idle does anyone know where i can get a cheap ecu programmer from had a look on ebay about 50 to 100 pounds

Thanks
    Paul

As far as I'm aware you won't be able to 'adjust' the idle with a diagnostic tool.You may have a fault with your idle control valve which you may be able to clean. Also check all breather hoses and make sure there are no air leaks.

I had sort of the same problem with my 1.8 focus. With the help from this forum I traced it to a faulty hose.
    If you put vas150 into "Search Forum" & then select "Show post" at the top of this page it will take you thread and what I did to fix it. It maybe worth checking out first before spending money.

Thanks Guys i will look in to these before i do anything else

Cheers thanks a lot

paul

This sounds exactly like sticking idle air control valve, whip it off and spray some cleaner into it and let it soak. If you cannot do this take it to a garage and let em know, its a known fault on the Focus.

Diagnostics are read only so you cannot change the parameters, you would need a Ford VCM IDS which costs about 2600 without the CANdi modules to write ECU parameters