Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RAC - Complaints Address, pls Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by dissatisfied View Post
    all of the above completely mirrors my experience. a patrol man came out and got me started and then reversed my vehicle into a tree, shattering the rear body work. at no point have i heard the word sorry. and customer 'services' never have an answer to the situation never respond or return my calls despite promising that they will do so and seem to doubt the validity of my complaint. 'how did he manage to hit a tree if the tree was on the pavement? it must have been a bendy tree.' i would have thought they'd simply be saying sorry and suggesting the swiftest simplest ways to get my vehicle repaired. but here i am 3 weeks later being asked to go and get quotes for the repairs. i believe i can make an official complaint via the fsa cant i? anyone know?
    I think they need to go in front of BBC Watchdog again..Not just to show them up..but to Also make others aware of what to expect if they waste their hard earned money on this shower of Amateurs!

how does one go about getting in touch with watchdog? since posting on this thread i've recieved an email with the word 'sorry' in it. wow. how wondrous strange that it should manifest now. they now suggest that someone come out from rac to inspect the damage, despite the fact that i have had 2 quotes from independent garages in my locality. i feel very keenly that i should not be expected to provide yet more proof of the damage done to my vehicle by their worker. i will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by dissatisfied View Post
    how does one go about getting in touch with watchdog? since posting on this thread i've recieved an email with the word 'sorry' in it. wow. how wondrous strange that it should manifest now. they now suggest that someone come out from rac to inspect the damage, despite the fact that i have had 2 quotes from independent garages in my locality. i feel very keenly that i should not be expected to provide yet more proof of the damage done to my vehicle by their worker. i will keep you posted.
    Just go in Google (or your preferred search engine) and type in BBC Watchdog..then click on "Your Story"..Good Luck.

i have been with the rac for over 12 years with no trouble at all untill now my renewal is due and have not even had my renuel letter and new card, also when i try to update on the rac web site it states my membership number dose not exist.

Welcome to the site rexer, its probably just what they call "a computer error" these days. I think the best thing to do, is contact them by phone or Email and give them all the information you have, that should solve the problem, god luck

yeah i have tried that too smudger rang them up and yes we will send it out by post eerrrm no not had a thing yet and my renual date is the 26th march thats monday, but i bet they take the payment on time.

Aye! its funny how the computers seem to work OK when it comes to taking your money, but seem to develop problems when it comes to giving it back?

(I only mentioned that bit about leaving your details on a screen, before going another sites screen, as a friend of ours had 2500 taken from their account, after they had tried to buy something on line? They left all their details on a page, after a problem with their details, and opened another page, they never found out until their credit card statement came in at the end of that month)

yeah i understand what you're saying smudger, and you're right you have to be very carefully

dose anyone know an email address for the RAC i need to send a complaint in, my renewal date was today rang customer services up and got told my account wasn't active, as a disabled driver i need cover this is just not on

Quote Originally Posted by rexer View Post
    dose anyone know an email address for the RAC i need to send a complaint in, my renewal date was today rang customer services up and got told my account wasn't active, as a disabled driver i need cover this is just not on
    Membershipcustomercare@rac.co.uk