Thread: How to add my business to SatNav POI's??

Default How to add my business to SatNav POI's??

I am interested in adding my business to the ‘Point of Interest’ facility which most SatNav’s provide. These are the POIs which are factory installed on the devices (i.e. petrol, hotel, food, car park, etc.).

How do I go about getting my business displayed on these navigation systems? No SatNav provider seem to facilitate this service, yet there are many businesses displayed on their systems – some of which only have one or two premises. I am aware that there are data providers (such as NAVTEQ) but how can I be sure that all potential customers buying a sat nav will find my business on it?

I appreciate any feedback on how I can add my business to SatNav’s across the Ireland/Northern Ireland region.

I found the info on NavTeq's website quite easily: http://corporate.navteq.com/direct.html
    As for the rest, I think it would be a matter of Googling.

Default Hmmmm.....

Appreciate your feedback.

I have already checked out that page, but it says:
    If your business is a franchise, part of a national chain or has more than 20 locations, please contact us.
    As my business is a bar and restaurant, we only have one premises so NavTeq will not accommodate us. The only thing is, I do know of some competing businesses in the area that also only have one premises and are displayed on SatNav's.

As for your recommendation to Google the rest, I've tried that but either my search terms are wrong or the results do not help.

It 'may' be worth adding your details to some of the free POIs which you can download for free, and resubmitting them to the free download sites.