Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you drive from uk to china

Interesting route, though I wouldn't set a foot into China.

Quote Originally Posted by keyrem28 View Post
    we are looking to leave for november, there are 2 possible routes through europe that we may be taking either from france heading through the alps or through belgium heading on to part of the old silk route! europe is the easy part. outside of turkey is the more difficult route to plan as we obviously cant travel through iran and afghanistan or more like we wouldn't want to!!! found a little reasearch i wasn't happy about which said china possibly wouldn't let you bring in your own car have you found anything like that?
    hi there,just seen that you are planning to drive to thailand
    me and my friend are wanting to drive there aswell and like you we are having trouble finding info about it!!
    we wanted to go to india on the way and that would be a good way but am not sure about iran and pakistan thats the only problem with that
    so the russia way is looking the best
    keep me informed with your planns as i will you because we are wanting to go november time cheers

Default European Tour 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lucyandhannah View Post
    hello, we too are planning to drive through europe in a motorhome, our very rough route is ferry from UK to Amsterdam, Germany, Czech republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary (north), Romania, Hungary (south), Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, UK.
    Can anyone advise us or tell us where to get info on safe routes and avoiding angry men wth guns or very few petrol stations? we have a year to plan this and need all the help we can get.... :-)
    In 2004, me and 8 mates bought a Ford Transit Van...painted it up using only the finest B&Q quality primary colour paint and toured Europe for 6 weeks...taking a very similar trip to that you have stated...though we went down to Croatia, Bosnia, Albania and Athens for a bit of Sun...and after a few shipped the Transit ('El Transito' as we named her) from greece over to Italy..driving it back to France and then back to blighty!! Not sure what you need to know...but i may be of some help with stuff!

matt

Hi, I am making a huge charity drive to China from Uk with lots of media coverage August next year. Can anyone help me with a route or hints and tips?

athotm_ail_dotcom@*******.com

Cheers.

Also, I am looking for sponsorships for the journey, which would get alot of publicity. If anyone works for or is aware of any companies that would be interested please please contact me.

thanks.

just thought I'd mention a few sites that can be used for reference for anyone thinking of going along this route.
    www.dublintosydney.com From a few years ago.
    and www.threeladsinajeep.com Currently going on.
    Two different routes also.

i am planning this trip i would like some advice or someone to talk with vice versa my wife is chinese and can help on the chinese and mongolian side of things luke norriseight@*******.co.uk

hi, i am also planning this trip and would appreciate any feedback if possible, thanks

Default Wales to Vietnam

i am now in the process of planning wales to vietnam (by car). it is all very obviously plain sailing up until the end of ukraine. i intend on taking a 'normal car' therefore off roading is not an option. i have a whole year to complete this so no rush. is it going to be feasible?? clearly many are thinking about similar trips, has anyone actually done it?? cheers guys.

Default hello, Did you manage to get to china and if you did which route did you use.

hello
    did you manage to get to china. i have found lots of people on the net who have planned it and not followed though.
    we are considering doing it with a 3 year old and wonder if we are very mad!
    please let me know your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by lukenorris View Post
    i am planning this trip i would like some advice or someone to talk with vice versa my wife is chinese and can help on the chinese and mongolian side of things luke norriseight@*******.co.uk
    hello
    have you done your trip yet?
    please let me know as I am really very interested as we are also planning it
    many thanks