Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you drive from uk to china

Has anyone actually planned this route then? I'm sure that if someone was to go on this excursion then some sort of resistance would be met in other countries?

Smile

like what i said, if you guys, anyone, really want a go, we could give you a detailed itinerary plan, from UK to China. we could give you a hand in hotel booking, guiding and other related services. keep in touch!

Default driving through europe

hello, we too are planning to drive through europe in a motorhome, our very rough route is ferry from UK to Amsterdam, Germany, Czech republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary (north), Romania, Hungary (south), Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, UK.
    Can anyone advise us or tell us where to get info on safe routes and avoiding angry men wth guns or very few petrol stations? we have a year to plan this and need all the help we can get.... :-)

There is actually a road that goes from Moscow to Vladivostok. There was a programme on the radio about it about 3 years ago. But, its more like a track the further east you go.

A lorry driver I know used to drive to China, I can't remember the exact route but, I do remember him saying that in the coldest times of year they could take a short cut across a lake. I think part or their journey took them thru Omsk.

hi simon (simondlh)

when are you planing your trip? my friend and i are driving from london to new zealand and are hoping to leave in Aug this year.

id love to hear more about your plans as we are heading almost the same way. we are going to head south through turkey and then india then in to china

whan are you planning to do this trip? me and my partner are also planning the same trip but to thailand and are hitting some major problems of finding the relevant info... we will be travelling through central asia crossing the caspian sea, you will have to send some of your knowledge this way once you know and we can exchange what we already know if its suitable to you.

look up the long way round. Ewan Mcgregor and Charlie Mcor.. went from London to Vladavostok. It can be done. However you would need one hell of a 4x4/big truck to get there. The road futher west was abismal.

hey mills - yer ive watched long way round so many times the disk is wearing out!!

simon - what kind of vehicle are you looking at taking? what route are you looking at taking?

keyrem28 - we are looking at leaving in aug some time. this way we miss the wet seasons. we're heading to thailand to and at this stage we may have to ship the van from india to thailand as it will be impossible to drive through tibet. we hope this will change closer to the time but we still need to look in to a back up plan. what are your plans? what way are you heading through europe? when are you looking at leaving?

we are looking to leave for november, there are 2 possible routes through europe that we may be taking either from france heading through the alps or through belgium heading on to part of the old silk route! europe is the easy part. outside of turkey is the more difficult route to plan as we obviously cant travel through iran and afghanistan or more like we wouldn't want to!!! found a little reasearch i wasn't happy about which said china possibly wouldn't let you bring in your own car have you found anything like that?

Beaar99, the other more geographically direct way of driving from India to Thailand would be to go through Calcutta, then Bangladesh and Burma. Though I don't think Burma is the safest place to be at the moment, though nor is Tibet obviously. I'm sure you've looked through it properly though! Me, I'm just saying that as that looks a better way on the map, because if you wanted to go to Tibet you'd have to go further north which would be obviously the opposite direction from where you want to go.