Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: RAC Satnav support - including Updated Maps / Safety Camera Updates

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Just purchased the RAC 300 Sat Nav with European UK and ROI maps.
    Does anyone know if these units have the latest maps
    please don't buy a mains charger, i have had two rac 215 sat navs and the mains charger damages the batteries,and rac won't warrant the product unless you buy the charger from them,the sat nav does not stay on long on a full charge anyway

Default Very Very Disappointed

When I first bought the RAC Sat Nav I was elated, only had to upgrade once every two years, telephone support, and launched by the RAC, therefore something endorsed by a motoring organisation.

I am sorry to say I am very disappointed with the whole fiasco concerning my Sat Nav.

I purchased 4 Rac Sat Navs this year, and each and every one of them had a fault and had to be returned. I then bought another the RAC 220 top of the range (and even that had to be sent back and be replaced because of a fault), and when I rang for to find out about new updates to the software, I was told July, then August, then September, then end of November and now this morning before Christmas.

I have now just gone out and ordered myself a new Tom Tom Sat Nav at least I know that it will get updated every year even if I do have to pay for them yearly.

I honestly thought that a Sat Nav that came with the endorsement of the RAC would have been a good investment wow how wrong I was.

Oh why did I get rid of my Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Just purchased the RAC 300 Sat Nav with European UK and ROI maps.
    Does anyone know if these units have the latest maps
    hi yes the rac300 as the latest maps i just bought one

Default Safety Camera updates

Hi,

I have been reading the forum for some time.
    I own a RAC210 Satnav and have experienced the problem that many people have highlighted on here - namely that the Safety Camera update does not work properly.

Maybe I have missed something, but when I download the update file from Route 66 and transfer it to the card (using a PC card reader) it renders the Safey Camera functions useless. It appears to lose key information from certain files.

Are there and clear and easy to follow FULL instructions on how to sucessfully acheive these updates on this unit, because i think i am missing something?

Dean

Yea! that happened to mine one time after I had updated it? In fact, I have not updated it ever since, just in case the whole things gets effected?
    Cheers, Smudger.

Default bad

bad suport from rac satnav one uou hve bought it you are on your own.allso my sat nav rac 300 is useless at directions WHY have the rac put ther name to this product,,,,,,,,,,,IF you try to get info from them re the rac satnav THEY say it is nithing to do wit them,WOT sat navs do the rac use

Default RAC Support

I recently bought an RAC 300 Sat Nav system. After reading through the "Very Brief Instructions" I must admit I had to ring the help line. The young lady I spoke to was very helpful indeed, and in less than 10 minutes, I had the system up and running.

You can download the whole instruction book from the address that is given in that booklet. When I got mine there was a Disc in with it, which gave all the pages of instructions that I needed
    Cheers, Smudger.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by smudger879n View Post
    Yea! that happened to mine one time after I had updated it? In fact, I have not updated it ever since, just in case the whole things gets effected?
    Cheers, Smudger.
    I had updated the software once - lost all the settings I had customised and really struggled to restore them. Haven't bothered with any more updates ever since.

Ah!, well I think you did the right thing, I am a bit scared of updating mine as well after reading all the problems folk are having in here
    Cheers, Smudger.