Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: RAC Satnav support - including Updated Maps / Safety Camera Updates

Well there is an updated map available (on route66), my question is, I just bought the satnav, why should I pay to update it if I just bought it brand new?
    Surely you should get one 'right up to date' update when its brand new?
    Otherwise why the hell would I pay full whack for something thats out of date and therefore not functioning 100% on the day I bought it?
    and it came with a code card... which lets me download the same map as is on it. Not the newer one that costs 10 euro's.

I am not wanting the whole UK or anything, just my surrounding area.

Oh, and I could download the map from Route66 straight to the device... by paying 10 euro's...

If the map on the satnav was advertised (sales person or on the box etc) as being up-to-date then take it back to the retailer for an update or refund. Your contract is with the retailer, not the RAC, nor the manufacturer.

well halfords were helpfull... not

but discovered that the map on the route66 is 'up to date' but has wrong street names in the new housing estate i was looking at....

I don't know haw to update my sat nav

can some one help me please
    Last edited by kieran; 28-07-11 at 14:00.

Assuming it is an RAC unit. There is a phone number on the back of the satnav. Have your computer up and running they will talk you through it. This comment is based on posts on this site, generally they are good.

Quote.."I don't know haw to update my sat nav"

It depends on what you want to update, if its the "safety camera" update you can get free from here......
    http://www.66.com/support/index.php?..._detail&prod=2

If its new road updates, you have to buy a new SD card which has all the Updates on it. They cost £29.99 and are available from the same help centre, the number is on the back of your unit, as mentioned earlier, good luck

hi,
    the updates on the cd wont go onto the memory card.
    i put in it to install the updates onto the sc card, and then it says that it can not download due to the protection of the memory card. how do i change this please
    thanks david.

Welcome to the site David, a bit more information is required here,...make and model of the sat-nav would help. Also, updates are not usually on the CD, its normally drivers and programs/instructions?

Do you mean Safety Camera updates or New Roads ones?

Was watching that Gadget Geeks show recently, and they were testing various sat-navs, from an expensive Tom Tom (£400) to a cheaper Garmin one, and the I-Phone free sat-nav App.

The I-Phone won! Due to the fact that it gets updated all the time, by users in real time. It could even sense if you were going too slow, as it pings all available towers and sends back information to your phone. Then, when it realizes your going too slow, due to traffic problems, it finds you a quicker route!

It won every stage of the tests given out to three different teams, so I got my phone out down loaded, and installed the NavFree App, cant wait to try it out now

Talking about satnavs - Have "inherited" a RAC1000 satnav from brother in law (deceased). How do I go on internet to update this unit ?? Apparently was only purchased last year and was hardly ever used due to illness. Any web sites would be appreciated. Cheers. Montyatbarclay