Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RAC Satnav support - including Updated Maps / Safety Camera Updates

Default RAC Satnav support - including Updated Maps / Safety Camera Updates

In response to a number of queries about this on the forum, here's some information that I hope will help.
    Quarter 3, 2008 mapping data is now available to purchase from the help line 01302 720006 for both the RAC200 and RAC215, priced at 29.99

The update comes as a CD (similar to the one you got in the box when you purchased the sat nav). The new software replaces your old mapping data with the latest available from Route66.

Please note this is for RAC200 and RAC215 UK mapping. Other models and other countries will follow in due course.

For updated safety camera information, please visit www.66.com

There is more information, including contact details for the manufacturers, NuTool available at
    http://www.rac.co.uk/web/racshop/in_...igation/safety

I hope this helps answer some of the questions that have been posted recently.

Well done Mike and thanks very much for your help, its good to see that RAC are taking responsibility for their product, even if it is made under license)
    I will look forward to receiving the updates at the end of the year, Goodun
    Cheers, Smudger.

Hi Mike, can you specify which files need to be downloaded from the 66 site and what they come under

Quote Originally Posted by Idleknight View Post
    Hi Mike, can you specify which files need to be downloaded from the 66 site and what they come under
    I believe the link you need is
    http://www.66.com/route66/support.ph...K&sec=1&ssec=2 as this is the link shown at http://www.rac.co.uk/web/racshop/in_...igation/safety

Thanks for that Mike, one question though about these updates that you said were coming out at the end of the year. Will they be New Road updates, or just safety camera ones?
    As mentioned earlier, the screen on my RAC200 went blank as I approached the Forth Road Bridge, as they are building new approach roads to it. It wasn't until I was half way across it that the screen came back on again?
    Cheers, Smudger.

RAC_SATNAV_TEAM is offline Official NuTool RAC Satnav Information

Smudger

The safety database is updated almost daily and is absolutely free of charge to all RAC satnav owners for life.

Mapping updates will be available annually in the fourth quarter and runs a year behind. I'll try to explain:

The technically minded amongst you will know that RAC satnavs already sold are programmed with Quarter 2 2006 mapping data. So now that we are in the fourth quarter of 2007 the Quarter 4 2006 mapping data will be released. The technically minded amongst you will now also agree that 6 months worth of mapping hardly seems worth it as very little will have changed (relatively speaking).

I may be a little vague on this but I am waiting for the Route66 web launch mentioned in my introduction. You have my word that any mapping updates that become available and exactly how to get them will be revealed to this forum before anywhere else.

Andrew
    RAC SATNAV TEAM

Many thanks for that Andrew, I am sure I speak for all the others on here, who had been asking about it, when I say a big thanks for that!
    I also liked to read that part when you mentioned that instructions would also be given in how to install them, when these updates become available, as I searched the instruction disc that came with it. for such information, but nothing was written about that? I will keep an eye out for the updates to be posted on here, thanks again.
    Cheers, Smudger.

RAC_SATNAV_TEAM is offline Official NuTool RAC Satnav Information

The RAC page of the Route66 website is now operational.

http://www.66.com/rac/

The site offers information on all of the RAC range. There is already a downloadable version of the user manual and, of course, the safety camera database update file.

Keep your eyes on the site for anything new in the future.

Andrew
    RAC SATNAV TEAM

Hey! things are looking good now, a far cry from the first posts on here regards to the RAC200 and other models

Now we have access to these camera updates, how about some installation instructions for the folk who don't have the "memory card slot" on their computers? As it must be very different for them to install them?

(The instruction are good for the folk who have memory card slots on their computers)
    Cheers, Smudger.
    Last edited by smudger; 07-11-07 at 18:24.

Hi all

Quote Originally Posted by smudger879n View Post
    Hey! things are looking good now, a far cry from the first posts on here regards to the RAC200 and other models

Now we have access to these camera updates, how about some installation instructions for the folk who don't have the "memory card slot" on their computers? As it must be very different for them to install them?

(The instruction are good for the folk who have memory card slots on their computers)
    Cheers, Smudger.
    Buy a SD Card Reader, example E-Bay 0.01p + 3.99 p&p make sure it comes or get a USB cable A - micro B type then plug and play / pray
    Let the computer see the new drive/s and then update or better still make a new copy on a NEW SD card update all info - updates and keep the ordinal as reserve.

Dave
    Last edited by busdriverdude; 21-11-07 at 10:05.