Thread: can't make another mistake

Default can't make another mistake

Can anyone give me some advice. I have a budget of approx 10k and I'm torn between two cars a 2008 Merc C class sport with 120k miles and a 2011 Peugeot 508 with 50k on the clock. My heart wants the Merc but head is saying newer less miles 508. What do you all think.

Welcome to the site Kieran, with a budget of 10k I would be looking for something with a lot less mileage on it?You could pick up a far newer car with a fraction of that mileage on it, good luck.

Wow - That's a lot for a six year old car, even if it is a Merc' and cost 28,000 new. TBH I would not go for either car but look around for something in between. I dread to think what the insurance is on the Merc.

Cool Brand New Corsa would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran P View Post
    Can anyone give me some advice. I have a budget of approx 10k and I'm torn between two cars a 2008 Merc C class sport with 120k miles and a 2011 Peugeot 508 with 50k on the clock. My heart wants the Merc but head is saying newer less miles 508. What do you all think.
    It depends on a number of factors, such as how many passengers you usually carry.

You could buy a brand new Vauxhall Corsa for that money. Personally, I would prefer a Volvo or a Land Rover Defender than a Merc.

If the Merc has a FULL MERCEDES DEALER HISTORY my heart would take that first. You will regret a 508 as Peugeot reliability is not good and its just a bland Euro box.
    You only live once!!!

Default re

Thanks for all the replies. All the reviews I have read on the 508 are not bad and build quality has improved according to reviewers. The Merc is a lovely looking car and I'm very tempted,its just the 120k miles that is making me stall.

I presently have a Volvo S60 and I have had nothing but trouble with Steering Rack and intercooler, not to mention drop links and bushings. My present car has put me of volvo.

What would put me off the Merc is the cost of spare parts. While the engine is probably good for another 120k if looked after, you have no way of knowing how well it has been cared for in the past.