Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renault Clio 1.2 16v Engine Swap issues.

Well done. You got there in the end. The lambda sensor needs replacing. Plenty in the breakers!
    The solenoid is controlled by the ECU and is dependent on the throttle position. It should only be open when the throttle is pressed not when idling. Have you got a meter? What is the voltage doing in the plug to the valve? Disconnect it and push both probes in and see what the readings are. If they are static at either 12 volts (or possibly 5 volts) then the valve is faulty. If the voltage is fluctuating rapidly then try and do an adaption on the throttle with the diagnostic tool. Otherwise maybe best leave it unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    Well done. You got there in the end. The lambda sensor needs replacing. Plenty in the breakers!
    The solenoid is controlled by the ECU and is dependent on the throttle position. It should only be open when the throttle is pressed not when idling. Have you got a meter? What is the voltage doing in the plug to the valve? Disconnect it and push both probes in and see what the readings are. If they are static at either 12 volts (or possibly 5 volts) then the valve is faulty. If the voltage is fluctuating rapidly then try and do an adaption on the throttle with the diagnostic tool. Otherwise maybe best leave it unplugged.
    It seems to have stopped doing it now? I checked the voltage anyways and it stays at 11.65 volts? Still seems to be a bit dodgy at cold idle I'm wondering if it's something to do with the carbon canister as the fault code I'm now getting is evaporative emission control system? It's running alright with a slight blip every now and then with a smell of fuel too so obvs overfueling, although I did have the carbon canister purge valve off so maybe that's why. Thanks

Once the ECU has 'learned' the throttle positions after you after been driving for a while the adaptions should be stored so thats why the solenoid is behaving. Make sure the pipes to and from the canister are good and everything is sealed properly.

It seems to be alright now, running pretty much perfect, just when I first start it the revs sit at 1200 till it's warm, no codes etc and it seems to slightly hesitate at idle and pulling away/changing gear, barely noticeable. I was thinking coil pack/coolant temp sensor/lambda? I'm getting it on the computer Wednesday anyways give me a better idea. Cheers!