Thread: Mazda 2 Breakdown on long journeys

Default Mazda 2 Breakdown on long journeys

Mazda 2 diesel 2009 breaks down on long journeys after travelling at speed on motorways. Its fine for doing local journeys never a problem. Try to go longer than 2 hours away on motorway and the car cuts out on slowing down. Sometimes it restarts and sometimes not and has to be towed back. Mazda tried to fix this during warranty period on 3 occasions with finally fitting a new fuel system but this still did not resolve it and outside of the warranty period they refuse to fix it blaming it on the fact that I have used a different garage to service the vehicle. I cannot claim under sale of goods act as the retailer has gone into administration.

Has anyone any advice or experienced similar? Thanks

Welcome to the site Karuna, pity you never insisted that they repaired it properly while it was still under warranty?As for them using that excuse about you having it serviced at different garages, they will use any excuse to get out of honouring a warranty, good luck.

Thanks Smudger...in the August it was in for repair again under warranty for same fault. They replaced the whole fuel system and assured me that it was fixed this time. I queried this and said what if it happens again and they told me they would look favourably on it if it happenned outside of the warranty period. The warranty period ran out in the October...the same problem happenned in December and then they said they were not prepared to do anything and blamed my own garage. I so wish I would have test drove it a long distance during that short period before it ran out now. I feel like trading it in at a Mazda garage and giving them back the responsibility of it but not sure how that would work under the circumstance. Thanks for your response.

Just wondering if the DPF system is malfunctioning? On the motorway the DPF will try to clean itself so maybe related? Just an idea.
    If you are fed up with it, trade it in and get rid. And don't say anything if you do, its their problem.