Thread: HELP ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION Body Shop / Insurance Engineer

Default closed

Closed
    Last edited by HelpMeLincs; 30-07-14 at 23:29.

I am not an engineer and can''t help you on the question of comparable damage.

The situation you describe is unfortunate, but if the third party sticks to her guns, and there are no independent witnesses, I am sorry to say that I think you are going to lose your argument. I suggest that you get a quote from a repairer on the basis that you are paying yourself, and look for a replacement wheel in local scrap yards/recyclers. This may well reduce the cost below your excess.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    I am not an engineer and can''t help you on the question of comparable damage.

The situation you describe is unfortunate, but if the third party sticks to her guns, and there are no independent witnesses, I am sorry to say that I think you are going to lose your argument. I suggest that you get a quote from a repairer on the basis that you are paying yourself, and look for a replacement wheel in local scrap yards/recyclers. This may well reduce the cost below your excess.
    Is your wheel steel or is it an Alloy wheel?

If it is Steel, then it should not be too expensive to buy a new wheel direct from the car dealer for that make of car.

If you or your passengers were severely shocked, then I would report the incident to the police, and report that the other driver failed to Stop at the scene and exchange details.

I see steel wheels advertised on the net for around 60. You would also have to add around 10 to get the tyre, if it isn't damaged as well, swapped. A wheel with a tyre on it and a reasonable amount of tread would cost about 20 from a recycler.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Closed
    Last edited by HelpMeLincs; 30-07-14 at 23:31.

Remember, the height from the road on any car will depend on how many people were in it, as that could make a difference.Also, the height will also change if cornering, when the weight goes onto one side, the same would go for, if any of the cars is braking heavily, just a though, if as you say the engineer made a comment about the height of the damage, good luck.

As the original poster has removed all his posts (!) I'll close this now.