Thread: Toyota Corolla vs Ford Focus - Auto

Default Toyota Corolla vs Ford Focus - Auto

Hi,

I am looking to buy my first car, i passed my driving test in manual but i have decided to buy a automatic car, as i think it will be easier for me to concerntrate on road signs.

My budget is upto 3k and in my budget i can get either used Toyota Corolla 1.6 VVT-i T3 5dr (2003) Auto or Ford Focus Auto (2005). Can anyone please let me know which car is better?

I have been told that japenes cars are solid and last long as compare to european cars.
    Last edited by momer79; 28-07-14 at 10:31.

It depends who you ask. The Ford Focus has been Britain's best selling car by a country mile for several years. Test drive them and choose the one you like best.

If either of these cars is fitted with the semi auto system, then I would avoid both of them as they are very similar systems and very unreliable. If they are pure automatics then my choice would be the Toyota but the condition of the car, service history etc are all just as important.
    The Focus may well have been the best seller but certainly isn't the most reliable. In any survey the Corolla will always be in the top 3 as it has been for many many years.

how do you check if it is semi auto?

Gearbox looks just like a manual one which it is. Auto box is much bigger and completely different layout.
    Toyota call their semi MMT - multi mode transmission.

Fairly sure most cars are fully auto on the 2 models you listed but if you choose a smaller car such as a Fiesta or Yaris then they will most certainly be MMT which Honest John's website do not rate at all. Had a MMT Yaris which failed (1,500) and the gear change was bad.

Default Part ex

Good evening everyone

Today I part exd my car, and got a insigna, drove home seemed ok, took my wife in it and there's a strange noise coming from the n/a wheels.. What I want to know is I've now lost faith in the car and the company , who say they have a 100 point check on all there cars before they go out, would I be able to get my old car back and stop the finance on the car I've just got?...

No.

You have to give them an opportunity to correct the fault before you can demand a refund.