Thread: Update after assessment

Default Update after assessment

I posted on here about having to have a driving assessment last month, which the DVLA requested as I had a head injury in 2012. I passed the tasks out of car fine but messed up on the driving. The assessor said slow reactions, not reading road well enough and going through red traffic light which was the time the assessor had to brake. Well I'm now waiting for a provisional licence for me to have lessons to get up to required standard. I've found an ADI that does exactly what I need he just takes people out driving who need to pass an assessment no car adaptions or anything. He said sometimes he can tell assessment centre that people have corrected the mistakes and skip having another assessment but sometimes they still have to have another assessment. Would be better not to have to have another assessment as it's an hours drive away so I would have to pay at least 3 to 4 hours for ADI to take me.

I am sorry to hear that you failed, but you do seem to have the right attitude. A good instructor will soon, I am sure, bring you up to the standards needed.

I wish you all the best.

Oh - and thank's for letting us know

I hope things go better for you, and that you won't need to resist the assessment,good luck.Let us know how things go.

Just to re-iterate what others have said - thanks for keeping us up to date, I'm sure plenty of us are interested in how you get on. Good luck!

Really getting annoyed with the DVLA sent letter back to them saying I would accept a provisional to have driving lessons 2week back still not heard from them so rang them up today and they said they have sent me a form to fill in to get a provisional licence. Now why didn't they just send the form with the first letter. Also I don't see why I can't drive now yet could before I am as safe driving now as I was before. I made a few stupid mistakes on the assessment which I agree that based on only that one drive I didn't look safe to drive but surely if I wasn't safe driving I would of had some at least near misses in the 6 month I could drive.