Thread: Corsa C - central locking not working

Default Corsa C - central locking not working

I have a Vauxhall Corsa C 1.0L 2002 and when I bought the car 2 years ago, the guy I bought it from told me that the remote central locking didn't work but probably just needed a new battery. I've tried numerous time to try and fix it over the past two years but to no avail. I've tried two new batteries, then bought a new section of the key that consists of the lock/unlock buttons but it never works when I turn on the ignition and try pressing down on either button whilst the cars in sync mode. I just use the key in the drivers door to unlock the car, and all doors unlock so that all works okay.

I've looked inside the key and I can still see the chip in it.

Any ideas on how to fix the situation? After two years I would like to finally be able to use the remote central locking! I had to get the code for my radio a while back from vauxhall and they also supplied me with other codes such a the key code, immobilize coder etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the site lej93, it could be just that the key needs syncing to the car, has that been tried yet?

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Welcome to the site lej93, it could be just that the key needs syncing to the car, has that been tried yet?
    I've put the key in the ignition and and pressed the unlock or lock button whilst the car is in sync mode (as advised in the manual) but the central locking doesn't respond to it.

Is it case of reprogramming the key of some sort?

The fob which operates the central locking has to be programmed to the body control module (BCM) and is separate from the immobiliser which you use to program a new chip. So there are 2 separate programming sequences to do. It takes around 10 secs to program the locking but you will need to use good diagnostic equipment with this facility and also have the security 4 digit number as found on the credit card in the handbook wallet inside cover.

Quote Originally Posted by lej93 View Post
    I have a Vauxhall Corsa C 1.0L 2002 and when I bought the car 2 years ago, the guy I bought it from told me that the remote central locking didn't work but probably just needed a new battery. I've tried numerous time to try and fix it over the past two years but to no avail. I've tried two new batteries, then bought a new section of the key that consists of the lock/unlock buttons but it never works when I turn on the ignition and try pressing down on either button whilst the cars in sync mode. I just use the key in the drivers door to unlock the car, and all doors unlock so that all works okay.

I've looked inside the key and I can still see the chip in it.

Any ideas on how to fix the situation? After two years I would like to finally be able to use the remote central locking! I had to get the code for my radio a while back from vauxhall and they also supplied me with other codes such a the key code, immobilize coder etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm having the exact same problem with my Vauxhall Corsa c and I've replaced the batteries and tried syncing but still not working. If you figure out how to do it lej93 I'd very much appreciate it bud thank you.

The answer is post 4.