Thread: Reversing accident

Threaded View

Default Reversing accident

I was driving down a one way street, and came upon a parking space, there was a line of cars behind, I indicated and stopped checked mirrors and behind me to see it was clear to make the manoeuvre, I selected reverse and checked once more, started reversing and clipped the car behind with my OSR damaging my bumper slightly, I got out to check the damage and only my car had the bumper damage, with only a small paint splash on the car behind front bumper, that instantly wiped off with no other visible damage at all.
    Who is to blame, my insurance says me but I think the driver behind should have left enough room, they did say along with an independent witness statement that I did everything correctly.
    This is my first ever accident, in 38 years, and my car was repaired within an hour of it happening due to the bumper dent just popping back out, and needing a small touch up paint job from a small bottle.
    The police checked the CCTV but the camera was not quite on the area, so they said 50 50.
    My insurance has said they have no option but to settle the claim, but how can they settle a claim to the TP if there is no damage or injury.
    I have full NCB that's protected, will this affect my NCB???
    Last edited by Helpmybob; 15-06-14 at 23:26.