Thread: 2008 Ford Focus1.8 tdci

Default 2008 Ford Focus1.8 tdci

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me out, I recently took my car (above) to get serviced, oil-oil filter-air filter-diesel filter and so on a such forth, they done the diesel filter got an air leak and supposed to fix that, and the car's battery went flat, and now they are saying that there is an issue with the immobiliser and the car is now a non runner because of this issue. has anyone got any advice for me as they are now passing the car back to me to get fixed, I'm at a loss and not sure where to get the key re coded if this is the issue.

Thanks Dan

Are they a Ford Main Dealer?

Hello, Dennis, no it is not. They are trying to say that the key may need Re coating because the battery went flat. If this is not the case then then they are not sure what else to do.

They need to get a booster battery pack or charger on it to charge up the battery. Then they need to fill the fuel filter with diesel to the top and fit the fuel pipes ensuring they are a good tight fit and that air is not getting past the sealing rings.
    Using a hand primer pump inserted into the fuel line between the filter and the tank, they need to pump the primer until the fuel filter and pipes are full of fuel and no air in it.
    If they cannot draw fuel from the tank then there is a blockage or break causing an air leak.

This method starts most of these.

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    They need to get a booster battery pack or charger on it to charge up the battery. Then they need to fill the fuel filter with diesel to the top and fit the fuel pipes ensuring they are a good tight fit and that air is not getting past the sealing rings.
    Using a hand primer pump inserted into the fuel line between the filter and the tank, they need to pump the primer until the fuel filter and pipes are full of fuel and no air in it.
    If they cannot draw fuel from the tank then there is a blockage or break causing an air leak.

This method starts most of these.
    Hi would this work? As now they are saying it is the wiring to the starter motor. As an rac member would they come out and have a look or am I stuck as I took it to this so called garage?

Thanks for your help so far