Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat D - need advice......

CatCars, i am curious. Under what circumstances would a non-damaged car be written off as a Cat A?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    CatCars, i am curious. Under what circumstances would a non-damaged car be written off as a Cat A?
    Certain Gov organisations can order a vehicle to be sent to a Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) who must issue a Certificate of Destruction (CoD) for that vehicle no mater what condition the vehicle is in and no parts can be sold (cat A).
    The police can order a vehicle (no mater what condition / age) to be sent to a ATF but parts can be sold (cat B).

PS are you really a Formula One driver?

Quote Originally Posted by CatCars View Post

PS are you really a Formula One driver?
    That's just the forum's ranking system...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gray View Post
    That's just the forum's ranking system...
    I know

CatCars, that doesn't answer my question. Any car can be scrapped by the owner and get a Certificate of Destruction, but I don't see how that gets a Cat A, as V5 is returned to DVLA with no insurance company involvement. I feel I am missing something here?

No, I am not, nor ever have been a Formula One Driver, and have never raced a car on a track. I used to race motorcycles, and won a few bits and bobs over the years. I also won a few Trials Events in my time too.