Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AA Mis-fuelling recovery

Perhaps you miss understood my post then, it was in relation to your assumption that he was draining the fuel by way of syphoning and the intimation that the AA were in some way deficient, nothing more.

If pressed, I would have thought the tube was for safe ventilation of fumes from the tank during fuel evacuation as the normal tank vent would probably not be large enough not cause a vacuum during accelerated draining.

Never the less, I don"t feel your outburst was entirely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunster View Post
    Perhaps you miss understood my post then, it was in relation to your assumption that he was draining the fuel by way of syphoning and the intimation that the AA were in some way deficient, nothing more.

If pressed, I would have thought the tube was for safe ventilation of fumes from the tank during fuel evacuation as the normal tank vent would probably not be large enough not cause a vacuum during accelerated draining.

Never the less, I don"t feel your outburst was entirely necessary.
    If the AA were pulling the fuel out that way then it is an outdated and potentially dangerous way to remove the fuel.

The tube was not for ventilation. Of dear, you really don't know, do you.

I am not concerned what you think. I give up hours of my time to help people on here (Technical and Maintenance) and the last thing I need is another keyboard warrior seond guessing everything.

I will watch your other posts and comment as appropriate.

The very nature of a forum is a medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

It is, but antagonising existing users who have time and again proved themselves to have strong technical knowledge is probaby not a good way to start.

And I antagonised him how exactly? And does being an existing user entitle you to make assumptions about others and verbally attack them in such a volatile way?
    Last edited by MrMunster; 16-05-14 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    all they had to do was remove the fuel pump relay and bridge the terminals which would have done the same.
    WHAT.... Are you suggesting that we should break into the fuel supply under the bonnet, creating a spillage and fuel vapours which both would have been contained under the bonnet and then bridge the fuel pump relay creating an ignition spark... Are you for real.

What an idiot, People please do not follow this advice as it is very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    WHAT.... Are you suggesting that we should break into the fuel supply under the bonnet, creating a spillage and fuel vapours which both would have been contained under the bonnet and then bridge the fuel pump relay creating an ignition spark... Are you for real.

What an idiot, People please do not follow this advice as it is very dangerous.
    Absolute rubbish from another one hit wonder hiding behind a silly name. You keyboard warriors are unbelievably stupid. Do some research before you come on here shouting your mouth off.

Firstly, in case your incompetent brain hasn't worked it out, there is no spillage at the fuel filter. A blank is fitted immediately to the filter pipe to prevent dirt entering. Secondly a pipe is fitted to the fuel supply pipe which in turn goes to a container. So there is no spilled fuel anywhere.

Yes of course, we could listen to you and have the fuel cap off allowing fumes to exit and present a hazard but you being such a clever know-all, I am wasting my time it would seem.

Clearly you have absolutely no idea where the fuel pump relay is on this car. It is NOT under the bonnet. It is in the fuse box INSIDE the car above the pedals. Now, is this too complicated for you or are you able to keep up?

So, there is no fuel vapour as the pipes are blanked or connected straight to a container. The fuel pump relay is inside the car so absolutely no risk of a spark when done CORRECTLY.

There you are then. Oh yes, nearly forgot, other than bridging the fuel pump relay, this is the same as using the Bosch diagnostic tool which details the fuel drain method in the service menu.

That just leaves a decision. Who to believe? An idiot with a big mouth or Bosch? I'll let you decide.
    Last edited by Hometune; 29-05-14 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunster View Post
    Interesting that your apparent slating of the AA's ability or knowledge is based on an ASSUMPTION and not fact. As you noted it was a large diameter tube, to large for syphoning fuel, perhaps your assumption should have been he was not draining the fuel tank at all?
    My 'apparent slating of the AA's ability is based on an ASSUMPTION and not fact.' And 'perhaps your assumption should have been he was not draining the fuel tank at all' are both inflammatory comments which appear to me to be completely unfounded. You jumped in with both feet and made all the ASSUMPTIONS.
    You then had the good grace to apologise but then went on the attack again. I will defend myself, believe me.
    Last edited by Hometune; 29-05-14 at 16:54.

Haven't been on the forum recently. Coming back on and reading this thread dismays me somewhat. For various reasons there will always be some who get things wrong, and those with more knowledge might find disagreements irksome. BUT, calling posters "Trolls" and getting into personal vendettas is not the way to go. I have discontinued entering on some forums simply because confrontation was rife, to the point that some posters seemed to just wait for an opportunity to be impolite.
    It seemed to me in this instance that admin., whilst recognising a poster's undoubtable knowledge, a stamp of approval was given for indicating that verbal abuse was proper. No, it was not! An occasional bit of friendly banter to emphasize disagreement with a view may be OK, but specific denigration of the person is deplorable.
    Regards, Snowball.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Haven't been on the forum recently. Coming back on and reading this thread dismays me somewhat. For various reasons there will always be some who get things wrong, and those with more knowledge might find disagreements irksome. BUT, calling posters "Trolls" and getting into personal vendettas is not the way to go. I have discontinued entering on some forums simply because confrontation was rife, to the point that some posters seemed to just wait for an opportunity to be impolite.
    It seemed to me in this instance that admin., whilst recognising a poster's undoubtable knowledge, a stamp of approval was given for indicating that verbal abuse was proper. No, it was not! An occasional bit of friendly banter to emphasize disagreement with a view may be OK, but specific denigration of the person is deplorable.
    Regards, Snowball.
    Seems to me that you haven't read and understood what munster and jakjey actually said. Munster had a go with no foundation whatsoever and did actually issue an apology but then went on to have another go. As for jakey? Okay then, is it, for him/her to call me an idiot? Another one hit wonder on this forum. No response and no reply. Says it all really. He IS a troll.