Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Coomute / Dad's car?

Default Cool Coomute / Dad's car?

Hi, need advice on buying a car.
    I drive a BMW 320D saloon.
    I have to drive a lot for work - all around the country.
    However I have started to get the feeling that my BMW is too big to for day to day travel.

Can you suggest a COOL car which is not too heavy on the fuel - as I drive a lot.
    And from time to time I can put two car seats in the back as well please?
    2 door cars will do as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Kyborg

Golf TDi or GTD for a smaller car or Passat 1600 petrol or 1.6 diesel. Fairly reliable cars. Or if you are keeping it a new Vauxhall with lifetime warranty or 100,000 miles?

Welcome to the site kyborg, it depends on the mileage, and time spent in the car traveling. If it's only short distances, then a smaller car, like a Micra, or Corsa would be OK, and cheaper to run.If you are going long distances, and spending a lot of time in the car, then you will need a larger motorway cruiser, good luck.

Another thought for a cool vehicle........... a refrigerator van or ice cream van!!!!!http://www.rac.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Look & feel matter to me and so does Fun in driving, so the car has to make a style statement - well cant go too flashy obviously
    but I was thinking more on the lines of Toyota Gt86 or Nissan 370z

Suggestions please?

I am not sure that the car you want is really in your mind with those two choices. Maybe swopping the engines for 600cc Fiat units will give economy and style. If you are looking at those types of car then there is a massive choice. Jaguars are nice, fast and cooooooool. I am assuming here that anything that does over 25mpg would be OK. Go on Dave television and watch the old editions of Top Gear to see their cool wall.

What sort of mpg are you getting?

I used to have a 320D, at a time when I was doing many motorway miles, and was getting 45 mpg overall, including the other local driving. I thought that was pretty good - certainly better than anything else I've ever had before or since.

Exactly, I want the same mpg, same style and same fun with a smaller car. And I do not like the standard VW, Ford hatchback's sorry.
    I am getting inclined towards a BMW 1 or 2 series.

I do hope that the Original poster returns and tells us which care he decided to get eventually.

Come on. Do you expect a person that wants a cooooooooooool dude box to reply?????