Thread: Shocking RAC Customer service

Default Shocking RAC Customer service

An RAC patrol caused several hundreds of pound of damage to my vehicle. I saw it, Kwikfit confirmed it and my local garage confirmed and repaired the damage. Land Rover knows about the way the damage is caused and so should every RAC patrol that changes a tyre on a Land Rover Discovery

But still:
    - RAC will not put in writing their explanation for not settling my claim.

- RAC are ignoring my telephone calls and e-mails- in fact they have blocked my e-mail address after my first email!!

- Every time I call, I get into the call centre loop- they revert to a script, refuse to escalate and tell me, my manager will only tell you what I have just 'told' you. That would be fine if at least I got it in writing.

This is appalling behaviour. I've been with the RAC for over 20 years and have never experienced such astonishing poor customer service.
    Does anyone know who the Customer Care director or UK Wide Customer Services manager is?
    Last edited by TonyMq; 10-05-14 at 20:14.

Which model of Discovery was it? And What did they do wrong?

How could Kwik fit "confirm " it?

I am curious about this "known problem".

I looked on the internet and found this: http://theexperience.ning.com/page/c....srJvitRE.dpuf

The only thing I could see that might get damaged during a tyre change is this - "The back left tyre’s jack lift point is located right next to the compressor bracket for the air suspension system – extra caution must be taken to not place the jack on the compressor bracket as this can seriously damage the vehicles suspension system."

Santa, just that problem happened to my friend's elderly Disco - in fairness the whole of the underside of the car was caked in mud and the guys who helped her just didn't realise. This was an old model so don't know if it applies to the newer variety. Think the whole problem was sorted out for around £200, but she does have a pet LR mechanic and doesn't use a dealer (nor do I!!). Still, as we don't know the damage, it's impossible to say that's the issue.

It's a Landrover Discovery 3.

The damage was done to wheel carrier. I had a front flat tyre. Patrolman replaced it with the spare. He placed flat tyre in cargo area instead of carrier. He then completely wound the empty carrier until it cross threaded. Apparently, you must not completely wind up an empty wheel carrier on a Discovery 3 because it gets to a certain point ( in the absence of a wheel in the carrier) where it gets damaged. I was not aware of this but i do clearly recall seeing that wheel carrier wound/ completely closed up.

I drove the disco to Kwik fit so that they could put on a new pair of front wheels. They could not unwind the carrier to put the spare wheel back.

My garage took a look and confirmed what Kwikfit found. The cost to me to remove the broken carrier and replace with a new one was £236.
    Last edited by TonyMq; 12-05-14 at 09:02. Reason: wrong cost posted.