Thread: May be stolen

Default May be stolen

Ive looking on ebay recently and found a motorcycle/scooter for sale, however the seller claims its a barn find, but it's as new with just 2 miles on the clock, and says it may be 3 or 4 years old, but as yet unregistered with DVLA, will i be able to check if it has been stolen from a dealership somewhere in the uk, im tempted to bid on it, but dont want to be had by some toe rag selling stolen goods
    Last edited by tommytwotanks; 11-05-14 at 18:00.

Cool

What is the VIN number?

Is it an Import?

Could it be Ex military?

i haven't asked any questions yet, i wanted to get some advice before doing anything

all i know is what they have said, they found in a barn find, they didnt say it was bought as a job lot with other things, but i will now ask for the VIN number just to see if they will tell me

thank you

Aye! Our car had such a low mileage for the year, that we did a lot more checks before buying it. We checked the Vin number with the V5, and the chassis number, it had also been checked out, ( forgot the word for it?) but it was all clear as well.

Do you mean you did an HPI check

talking of low mileage, one of the ladies at work was talking about her husbands car that they have recently bought, no idea which model mercedes it is but assuming it's a c-class, she told me its a 2005 car which they bought about 6 months ago with 6,500 miles, now on 11,000, she said the dealer took it in part exchange on a new one, some retired old boy

Aye! It was a HPI check, I forgot the initials, cheers for that.Year ago, I traded in a Nissan Bluebird which had really low mileage on it, I told him that Every MOT certificate, in the glove box.Then, about a month later I got a letter from the DVLA questioning the low mileage, so it looks like the salesman couldn't be bothered or take the MOTs out of the glove box?

I went online yesterday to check my MOT date. It showed me the full history, with all the MOTs, dates, mileage readings, passes and fails (with fail codes). Really excellent resource. You do need the number off the V5 though.

Youíll need the vehicle registration mark and either:

the MOT test number (you can get this from the VT20 test certificate or the VT30 refusal certificate)
    the document reference number from the V5C registration certificate (logbook) if you donít have the MOT test number
    Test history records start from 2005.