Thread: Mazda MX5 Accelerates without warning help please

Default Mazda MX5 Accelerates without warning help please

Hi everybody I was trying to post this in technical but it wouldn't let me, I have no idea why but here goes.
    My MX5 which I bought in Feb is a 2005 model. for some reason yesterday it just started to accelerate for no reason. A bit scary. It's happened about 4 times now over the last 2 days. It's not the throttle sticking open because it happens when its just ticking over at about 30mph. I happened just now when I was accelerating hard then changed the revs dropped and I went into 4th engaged the clutch started to speed up then it just went into full throttle, I put the clutch in and the revs hit the limiter for about 3 secs then everything went back to normal.
    Any ideas??
    Its going back to Mazda on weds but I would like some ideas before I get there. I think it should be covered by warranty but we'll see
    Thanks in advance and why can't I post in the tech forum!

Welcome to the site tmsbird, the site is playing up a bit these days, but I've never heard about not being able to post in a particular thread?As for your problem, I'm sure one the site Gurus will be along soon to advise you on that, good luck.

Thumbs down

certainly is playing up,wont let me post on technical,posted it on breakdown,showed as on,then goes missing