Thread: Caring for leather seats in cars

Default Caring for leather seats in cars

When my car was new the leather seats were a matt finish. I bought some leather seat care wipes and the drivers side became shinier after a few days. I really didn't expect that to happen. It is now 2.5 years ago since I used them and wonder do you chaps use any leather care products on your cars and if so what? I have read that only a gentle wipe with water moistened cloth is all that is required. What do you all think?

I use wet wipes on ours - but only if they are looking dirty.

Aye! I used to use them "wipes" that are designed for leather chairs in the house, they worked a treat. It was amazing just how dirty them car seats can get, I used to give them a rub with a clean dry cloth after using the wipes, that seemed to take the shine off them.

I use a leather feed applied by a cloth.

Default Just for information

I decided that I wanted to keep the leather in good nick so bought a bottle of AUTOGLYM Leather Balm at 9.99. This was just the ticket and left the seats looking good and maintaining the matt factory finish. Easy to apply and buffs off very easily as well. It has actually help remove some of the horrible shine left by a Simoniz product on my drivers seat.