Thread: Worried.com

Exclamation Worried.com

Hi everyone, this time it's someone in the wrong posting a question! I've just reversed into a car in a car park (no CCTV)
    It was only a kiss / nudge but never the less impact. There was no damage and the guy who I bumped didn't seem too upset. I said sorry and he drove off.The car I was driving is not mine, however I am 100% fully insured on it.

Can he take any action with just my plate no. As we didn't exchange details at the scene? Will anyone take a case with little or no damage, his car was a 54 plate Lexus.

There was no damage as I said but I'm now sat here worrying he is going to try and claim for something. It's my dad's company car! So could case some grief. I'm 99% sure the guy won't be bothered with the hassle for a little kiss but you never know! Any advice fully appreciated. Thanks, tommylilley

I can appreciate your quandary, especially in these days of suing culture. There are a lot of posts in here where folk have agreed to settle out with insurance companies, only for it all to go pear shaped, and ended up with nightmarish results?Along with situations like yours, where no action has been agreed between the two drivers, only for one of them to get a solicitors letter through their door.If the other driver seemed OK about it, and didn't show any signs of going back on his word, then. I'm sure you will have nothings to worry about, good luck.

Wow that was a fast response! Looking at it from my point of view he didn't ask for my details and drove off. If he did make a note of the reg, would this sort of claim be entertained? There is no damage to my car and defo no damage to his as we both checked. Has he got a time scale to claim? Surely it wouldn't be worth it because of his excess? He wasn't even in the car as he stood looking bemused as I nudged his number plate! Would it be the police who would take it on?

Properly sound like a drama queen but know how this things have a habit of going out of contole fast, I don't wanna be in a situation whereby he claims I nudged his car and didn't pass on my details... I'm such a worrier!

I sometimes worry like that as well ! I've had a similar situation and there were no unforeseen consequences. Its easy to forget the majority of people are decent and honest human beings. Have some camomile tea and relax !

Just to add my two pennyworth, I think you are pretty safe. Had I been the other driver, I would have done exactly the same thing and thought no more about it.

Been there, done that, had same inspection/discussion and no probs. MUCH more probs with the eejit who tried to get into a parking space (would suit a Smart car rather than his Audi) behind my empty parked car and got his bonnet dunted. There are decent, honest folks around so try not to worry.

Tommylilley, it might be worth noting that, as the driver of the car you 'bumped' chose to drive away without exchanging details (his choice), then he has technically confirmed that there was no damage to his vehicle. So, if any claim was now made, there is no proof that any damage did not happen SINCE your incident with him.

Could be he has no insurance to give you his details

Quote Originally Posted by davesdad View Post
    Could be he has no insurance to give you his details
    Could be he was just a sensible bloke who had no intention of involving insurance companies in a trivial problem which caused no harm to anyone or anything.