Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three hours and thirty five minutes

Default Three hours and thirty five minutes

And still waiting for some one to attend my breakdown .
    Save your money and go some where else, The RAC are a waste of time .

I am sorry that we did not attend as quickly as we would have liked. I will take a closer look into what happened and contact you with my findings as quickly as I can.
    Thanks in the interim for your feedback.
    Angela

3 hours and 50 minutes. Waiting at the road side.
    When the contractor turned up. Not the Rac as they had sent their van to the address I wanted to recovered to.
    How thick are they. The contractor had to drive from Hungerford to Kingsbury Nw London to attend.
    I have broken down 3 times in the last 10 years. Last time it took 3 or so hours. You would think I would have learnt
    by now. I must be as thick as the person who took my call and sent their van to east London and not north west London

How long should it take to attend a breakdown. This is a Question I want an answer to please.

Default Still no reply

Quote Originally Posted by Operations Exec View Post
    I am sorry that we did not attend as quickly as we would have liked. I will take a closer look into what happened and contact you with my findings as quickly as I can.
    Thanks in the interim for your feedback.
    Angela
    Your findings are as quick as you break down service. 3 days and still no reply

Sorry I should have been more clearer in my previous post. We are investigating the circumstances behind your call for assistance and we usually ask for 10 working days to respond. We will of course aim to do so quicker if we can.
    With regard to your question " How long should it take to attend a breakdown". There is no set time as we receive calls for assistance 24/7 from all areas of the country. You would have been given an estimated time of arrival when you initially placed your call and we do our best to meet this time. If circumstances change, we should call you to explain.
    Angela

Here's a some thing I won't be paying again.
    Just go my rac renewal in the post.
    Fat chance of me falling for that .
    Waiting another 3 hours and more
    At the side of the road waiting for
    A rac contractor to turn up .

It's now 17 days and still no call or email to explain why I had to wait so long. Customer care is just like the breakdown service Rubbish .

Thumbs down is this a record

My Hire Vehicle broke down in Buxton, Derbyshire at 11.30 and was reported to RAC at around 12.00. I stressed that the vehicle had lost all its break fluid and would need recovery. Was told recovery would arrive by 1.30.pm 2.00 pm didn't arrive,phoned RAC was told 1.30 was a mistake then told they would arrive 2.40. Agent arrived at 3.00 in a small van, confirmed I needed recovery, waited 1 hr before RAC contacted him to give authority for Agent to do recovery. Told it would take before 6.00pm. phoned RAC 7,00 told by RAC would arrive at around 7.30. Recovery vehicle arrived at 9.45pm!!!!!!
    Is 9 3/4 hrs a record????

stand by for the cut and paste answer

I came across this recently:

"Years ago, the story goes, when people travelled in Pullman railway sleeping cars, a passenger found a bed bug in his berth. He wrote a letter to George M. Pullman, president of Pullman’s Palace Car Company, informing him of this unhappy fact. By return, he received the following:

“The company has never heard of such a thing and as a result of your experience, all the sleeping cars are being pulled off the line and fumigated. The Pullman’s Palace Car Company is committed to providing its customers with the highest level of service, and it will spare no expense in meeting that goal. Thank you for writing and if you ever have a similar problem, or any problem, do not hesitate to write to me again.”

Enclosed with this letter, by accident, was the passenger’s original letter to Pullman, across the bottom of which the president had written a note to his secretary: “Send this S.O.B. the standard bedbug letter!”

Apparently the term "Bug letters" is used by many organisations to describe the standard letter sent to people who complain.