Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personality vs electric vehicle adoption

Default Personality vs electric vehicle adoption

Dear all,

I am currently doing my masters at Newcastle University, and I am investigating whether a person's personality is linked to their attitudes and opinions towards electric vehicles. It would be hugely appreciated if you could donate ten minutes of your time to fill out a survey.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/JNFrazer

Sorry to jump onto your forum like this but with all my friends being from the facebook generationI really want to get some different views on the topic.

There are personality questions at the end but everything is anonymous.

Thank you very much.

I did this one too

For your dissertation?

I have completed the survey, but felt that some of the questions were the same, just slightly different wording.

Cool

What sort of person are in the "Facebook generation" ? .

How old do you need to be before you are classified as the Facebook generation. .

Umpteenth time trying to respond!

I filled in questionnaire and agree some questions repetitive - but being psychological, may just be trying to catch one out.

To me, basic failures are:

* reason for driving - i.e. disabilities, lack of public transport etc.
    * lifestyle needs - can you carry a wheelchair in an electric car or dispose of white goods?

Mileage is in many ways irrelevant. What is important is how that mileage is achieved. I may only do around 7000 a year, but most of those are long journeys of say 300 miles just to get to my destination. Quite often 4 or 5 of us do the same - so how do you charge up five vehicles overnight on one outlet? Also, I'm an event first aider and first responder - our vehicles need to be ready to go and be on the go at all times and for long periods of time. You don't say "OOPS!", I need to leave to charge my car!

The other serious worry I have about such research is that it could be used as ammunition by people in power who have absolutely no conception of living and working in places power may be unavailable for days. It's almost an unwritten rule here that as storms approach, we all ensure we've got full tanks and are well stocked with food and the means to cook with. No lecky, no power, car runs out - a lot of people would be in dire straits. The country is not made up entirely of urbanites and the horrible weather last winter down south has shown just how rural communities can suffer for months before action is taken.

Electric cars are they are just now, makes them ideal for local and short commutes, but as proved recently on Top Gear, not so good for longer runs?I think in time, when batteries are made more efficient and smaller, electric cars will become a viable option for car buyers, if the price of them comes down to the same as a petrol or diesel car.

Cool

You cannot be serious when you use "Top Gear" as a reliable indicator.

Will the researchers please give us some feed back on the results in due course?
    Last edited by Dennis W; 16-04-14 at 12:15.

Please do not forget that we have had Electric Public Transport for many years. Also do not forget electric powered trams and Trolley buses.

Cool

What has Personality got to do with it?