Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand New CITROEN DS5 with miss-coloured bumper and steering problems

The original poster needs to take this to a Solicitor. The finance company also needs to be involved.

Hi there

Just to let you know that nothing significant has changed so far. Citroen UK has promised to send me an email as soon as the Dealer will send its response letter. The letter was received last Thursday and ... I still don't have any news from Citroen UK other than the following message received today on my FB page:

"Hi, our team is working hard to resolve this for you as quickly as possible. We do apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience"

Cheers and many many thanks for your support.

Hi

I have some news. Today I have received two emails and one phone call from Citroen UK.

I couldn't take the phone call as I was up the mountains, trekking. The first email came to inform why they didn't got in-touch with me as Citroen UK was waiting for the Dealer to have their say in this story. This is a little ... as I'm convinced that they received the letter at the same time as I did.

The second email kind of gives me a little bit of hope:

I called you and left you a voicemail and of course you don't have to return my call as I know you're currently out of the country.

Just a courtesy email to let you know we won't accept at this stage the dealer charging you for holding your CitroŽn DS5. I'm going to continue speaking with ********* from ***** and try my best to resolve matters amicably.

I'll keep you updated via email whilst you're away and of course will call you once you're back in the UK.

It's clear that the pressure on Citroe UK is mounting because some of you took this story to their Facebook page and kind of forced Citroen UK to take damage control actions. I really, really THANK YOU for everything you guys doing and for your amazing support. When I begun posting on this forum, and others, I didn't really expected this kind of reactions from you all. You are truly amazing and I hope some day I will be able to return your help.

One more thing happened today. WhatCar Helpdesk has contacted me on Facebook requiring more details about my story. Hope they will help as I have read about many difficult situations resolved by their enquires. Citroen UK knows them very well and many other manufacturers as well, including prestigious ones.

Thank you guys

Cheers for getting back to us, and letting us know, ...a lot of folk don't bother?

If it wasn't for you all... So is my duty to keep you updated with everything.

Thank you

Nice to see things are looking better. I had an incident a few years ago after putting Redex into my MG Maestro. The injectors all failed. My local dealer changed them and I was £240 out of pocket.The car was over 12 months out of warranty. Redex sent me a pile of giveaway junk as compensation and denied any responsibility. My dealer on the other hand got in touch with MG Rover unbeknown to me, and they very kindly sent the dealer a cheque for the full amount as I was a valued customer. I told Auto Express of this generous offer from the dealer and MG Rover and the dealer was awarded their "Bouquet of the Week" award for that goodwill.

Result then,..........Goodun.

Hi

Just spoke with Barclays and this proved to be a total waste of time. I would like to remind you that I already kept Barclays Partner Finance informed about everything since I took delivery of the car, also sent them a rejection letter explaining why I rejected the car so on.

I have phoned them tonight to ask them to reconsider their position and to assume their responsibility as required by Section 75 of Consumer Section Act 1974. They advised me that is not possible and they will book me for a call back from one of their senior advisers. I begun to cry and laugh because this was the 3rd time when Barclays was booking me for a call back and I've never been called back. Appalling Customer Service...

I got asked the following:

"So what's wrong with the car?"

"Is the car still with you?"

"Did you returned the car?"

"When did you returned the car?"

"What the Dealer told you?''

... and my favourite:

"So what's the purpose of this call ?"

Basically I had to explain everything one more time to a new advisor and in the end to be told that there is nothing new in their position.

After I've calmed down a little bit I have contacted Financial Ombudsman Service and made an official complaint.

Cheers

From the above, do we assume that you paid a deposit with a credit card? That would be the only way that Section 75 would apply.

If you have not seen "Don't get done, get Dom" for the 22/4/14 then I suggest that you watch it on iplayer. It involves a woman who bought a 1.0L Corsa and had what she perceived as a problem, with hesitation and stalling. After lengthy investigations by Bristol Street Motors and Vauxhall, they couldn't find a fault. It was put down to the 3 cyl engine not being as flexible as a 4 cyl version. In the end Dom Littlewood managed to get her a new 4 cyl car from Vauxhall at no extra cost to her. Good result. Why don't yo write to the programme and see if they can help. She did everything you have done, and got nowhere just like you. Dom got it sorted.