Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand New CITROEN DS5 with miss-coloured bumper and steering problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    Was the vehicle pre registered by the dealer? What was the date of First registration?
    None of this is relevant, Dennis. If it was sold by the dealer as a BRAND NEW car; then it is a new car and subject to all the legal protection under the Trading standards that apply to a new car. Even if the dealership used it as a demonstration model, a buyer would still have full protection. If there were any exclusions, these would have to be clearly stated by the dealership and acknowledged by the buyer before completion of the sale.

I can remember back to the day when Rootes Group and British Leyland and Triumph had Acres and acres of airfields full of brand new cars stockpiled. I can also remember manufacturers such as Land Rover having a fleet of demonstrators which eventually they would sell through their dealers.

How long since the OPs car had actually been manufactured?

To the original poster. You need to ask Citroen what date that it rolled off the production line.

Many towns have VOSA inspectors that are just that. Ours is the local council. Ask about a VOSA inspection and notify VOSA of the faults as this could affect other Citroens. I still suspect it is a damaged car.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
    I personally think the car has been in a collision either on delivery to the dealer or at the dealers. The paint is most definitely two shades and no car should be driving like that. Reject it outright and ask for another car. Perhaps a VW !!!
    No one will know if it's been a crash other than looking at it.
    Plastic bumpers are very hard to match to the body.
    As such a lot of modern cars have bumpers a different shade.

A bit of research:

the DS5 became in 2011 the first CitroŽn branded car to be assembled in Peugeot's lead European plant at Sochaux.

From Autocar:

The reality of the DS5ís conventional suspension set-up is a fairly mediocre ride that is at best settled but short of sophistication, and at worst plies an uncomfortable blend of vague, unsettling body control and an intermittently grimace-inducing lack of bump absorption.

The weight of the car is noticeable as it shuffles from corner to corner in vigorous driving, while the ride is at its jarring worst under high cornering forces, where the DS5 feels fidgety and unsettled. Substantial steering kick-back over very poor surfaces at high speeds is another discomfiting trait.

Have a look at the picture in Autocar here http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/citroen/ds5/design You can see a colour difference even on their demonstration car.

Daily Telegraph:

Verdict: Terrific piece of design that utterly grows on you, and with a lovely cabin. But the ride on 19in tyres is shakier than a robberís defence.

There are serious sums of money at stake here. The OP needs to get professional advice NOW rather than relying on an internet forum.

Particularly when some of the posters on that forum are asking totally irrelevant questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    There are serious sums of money at stake here. The OP needs to get professional advice NOW rather than relying on an internet forum.

Particularly when some of the posters on that forum are asking totally irrelevant questions.
    This 100%

Some posters asking the usual non relevant questions.

I can only say as an ex car painter that the bumper may be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    This 100%

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with you.:-).
    The rear bumper is made from the same material as the front one and yet the paint finish is the same as on the rest of the car. There is no color or shade difference between rear bumper and the metalic body.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    This 100%

Maybe so but this weekend I have been around 6 different dealers and not seen one car out of hundreds with mismatch paint. The only firm I know who can't be bothered matching paint correctly is a UK multi repair outfit who I wouldn't let near any of my cars. Blue is blue to them not the variances that exist.