Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Token has expired

Default Token has expired

Now cannot reply to some threads! Keep getting this message that my submission cannot be accepted as token has expired. please use back button to reload, which it then doesn't!

Also can reply to threads (eg the email one that Snowball replied to but my response doesn't appear on the thread! via email alerts but they don't appear!

Aye! It took me a while to reply to this post, had to re-log in, then refresh the page three times?Looks like the site is away again?

Relieved it isn't just me its happening to !

Welcome to the blackhole disappearing act. It appears that the RAC mods aren't accessing it anymore either. Are there any other car websites with a general UK outlook out there??

I forgot to add Ficklejade, that the line from Fort William to Mallaig uses electronic tokens and yours may be lost in the signal box at Banavie. See it all makes no sense whatsoever!!
    Last edited by Trainman; 09-04-14 at 14:30.

Sorry guys, this is still in the hands of the RAC technical team. I'll update as soon as I have an update to give.

Like the humour, Trainman!!

What the heck is a "token"? I thought this was something you got as an extra freebie from retail outlets, or a disc which replaced a coin. Why don't they use a little more care with their jargon? Gobbledegook speak is not clever!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    What the heck is a "token"? I thought this was something you got as an extra freebie from retail outlets, or a disc which replaced a coin. Why don't they use a little more care with their jargon? Gobbledegook speak is not clever!
    Basically, it's part of the request sent to the server that's going walkabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gray View Post
    Basically, it's part of the request sent to the server that's going walkabout.
    That's going walkabout? Thanks, cobber - good on ya, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    That's going walkabout? Thanks, cobber - good on ya, mate!
    I don't think they've gone to the local Aussie bar. Anyway, I've just had an update that we believe the root cause has been identified. I'll keep you all updated as best I can.