Thread: How things have changed !!

Default How things have changed !!

There is a motoring book in reprint that is all about driving and how to drive. It was originally 2/6d and explains how to cope with 4 wheel brakes and obtaining a licence to drive. This cost 5 shillings and there was no driving test to pass !
    Today the driving test costs more and nobody is really interested in 4 wheel brakes only 4 wheel drive and "pedal to the metal". Stuff you driving as I am OK boyo! Out of my way you old f**t what do you know about driving. Will be in a book I am planning. The title will be "How to drive badly and annoy other road users in your way"

Don't waste your time, Trainman, from what I have seen, that book is already available - and obviously well read! ha,ha!!!

Quote........"Don't waste your time, Trainman, from what I have seen, that book is already available - and obviously well read! ha,ha!!!"Aye! And it's called The Highway Code.......just kidding Smiley.

I have a collection of old motoring books, and it still fascinates me to think back to how most car owners used to lay them up for the winter.

I like watching them old films from the 50/60s just to see the older cars, and just how few there were on the roads back then.