Thread: Help..I've had an accident

Default Help..I've had an accident

I was recently involved in a collision after which the car driver drove away without exchanging details. It happened 100-150 meters from a pedestrian crossing which looked to have cctv cameras on, would they have caught the accident?

No way to tell. On Monday you can phone the local council and try to find out who controls them - maybe some 'Safety partneship' or a council department.

Have you reported it to the police? They should investigate as driving off is a criminal offence.

I take it that you took photographs of the scene, and of your damage. You should also try to write all the details you know down while it is still fresh in your mind.

Were there any other witnesses, and did anyone get the registration number and make model colour of the other vehicle?

Welcome to the site bluemoon71, sorry to read about your bump, do you remember anything at all about the description of the other involved?

If so, the police will need that if it could help them trace the car, good luck.