Your thoughts on these 5 vehicles....
I'm having a hard time deciding which of the cars below to buy and would appreciate some opinions. I'm a 33 yr old male based in Malta and cover 6k miles annually. I use A/C for 6 months of the year and very rarely have passengers.
1. Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T 115 ps manual with 3 yrs warranty
2. Ford Focus (saloon) 1.0 Ecoboost 125 PS manual with 5 yrs warranty
3. Mazda 3 (saloon) 2.0 120 PS automatic with 5 yrs warranty
4. Seat Leon 1.4 TSi 122 PS manual with 5 yrs warranty
5. VW Golf 1.4 TSi 122 PS manual with 5 yrs warranty
For the sake of simplicity we'll assume that all cars have the same extras and cost the same. I intend to keep the car for about 8 years and am therefore concerned about reliability. I care about responsiveness and fuel economy but depreciation isn't of much importance. Have never driven an automatic before but heard good things about them and wouldn't mind trying one. I will be buying brand new.
What are your views?
The Golf and Leon are basically the same car. Proven track record and reliable. The Quashqai is very popular but quite a lot bigger than the Golf. The Focus is well talked about on here for faults with electronics. The Mazda is basically another Ford made in Japan.They seem more reliable though. Personally the VW is my choice.