Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: astra 1.7cdti design. eml light on,( no codes stored)

Right update on this and local garage replaced the boost control solenoid( At rear of the engine near starter motor) as they said that they checked the turbo etc and all looked good.
    Car now pulls a lot better and touch wood light has not come on.
    If the problem comes back then will update the post.
    Last edited by jerry2294; 18-04-14 at 11:56.

Good, sounds like you've cracked it.

Well hopefully hometune, thanks for your advice & help and lets keep my fingers crossed with this fix?
    Like said before its a pity that a lot of posts on here and else where do not come back with fixes and resolutions.....

Default Problem with my cdti 1.7 turbo (I think)

Sorry to reply with a question, but despite being correctly logged in I can never post a new thread in the technical questions forum, weird.

My car has for some time had a noisy turbo, a siren like whistle that is annoying, but the turbo itself was never reported to be malfunctioning. However my other half has today had to abandon the car, having been able to reach a maximum of around 40mph. She also says that the first thing she notices was the whistle, that was really loud.

I think it's safe to say that this is an isolated problem of the turbo being knackered, but perhaps somebody with a little more experience than I may have another answer. If so I'd like to know. Apparently the maintenance lamp was coming on and off, but when my other half plugged my error scanner in, nothing came up. That may be because the lamp was currently off mind.

Anyway does this sound familiar? Can anybody help? If it is the turbo, would it be an easy enough job to do myself? To date I've successfully changed the brakes, done a service and replaced the intercooler, so i'm reasonably confident with some jobs.

Any advice would be greatly received.
    Thanks

had same problem few years ago and it was a worn turbo and had new fitted which cured the problem.
    if eml is coming on get the codes read before buying new one, or get garage to confirm faulty turbo?
    word of warning turbo are costly...